PDA

View Full Version : Height and casting spells and hitting with magic weapons

AdamP
04-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been playing a while but I'm still trying to get a grip on some of the rules that come up less often. For example, being an inch high gives a bonus against ranged and magic attacks. So as I understand this rule, if I charge something and end up below them, say they are on a hill, they DO NOT get a bonus to their def for being higher. If my warcaster casts a spell on that same unit, when the unit is higher by an inch, they do get a bonus to their def. Now what if I try to attack a target with a melee attack when they are at least an inch higher, with a magic weapon? Since it's a magic weapon does that make it a magic attack? If so, does that mean that my target gets the height bonus they normally get for magic and ranged attacks? Or perhaps a magic weapon does not actually count as a magic attack?

Thanks for any help clarifying this rule for me!

Hjelmen0
04-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Attacks made with weapons that have the magical weapon advantage do not make magic attacks. They make magical attacks :)

Spells and animi make magic attacks, while magical attacks have the either ranged or melee type, depending on the weapon of course :)

tuttleboy
04-22-2012, 10:02 AM
An attack with a magic weapon isn't a magic attack. Check out PG 68 of Prime under Magical Weapons.