PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is the best place to ask....

wargolem
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Ok in timed games could someone expound on when you can stop your clock? Say opponent has a war dog or drakun or anything with counter charge/ counter slam, or any out of activation ability/spell etc and when I move and trigger it (like triggering watcher) do I have to let him make his move and attack rolls on my timer or do I get to pause my timer? Also part B. to this question is when does it trigger with regards to moving a whole unit? Do things like this trigger when 1 model out of unit is placed or do they have to wait until the unit is finished moving before they declare they are using their ability?

I figured this would be the place to post this but due to a borderline 2 questions I didn't know if it was acceptable to post.

juckto
04-23-2012, 02:13 PM
a) Up to TO, I guess. My opinion is that you should be able to pause your timer whenever your opponent makes a movement/attack during your turn.

b) Countercharge can be triggered after any model moves. So for example they could ignore the first two troopers to move, countercharge the 3rd, then you finish moving numbers 4 and 5.

wargolem
04-23-2012, 02:16 PM
thanks - so you are saying there is not set rule as to pausing your time?

MaGoff
04-23-2012, 02:26 PM
The timer can be stopped during Counter Charges and things like that. It is covered on page 6 of SR2012 v1.3:

"When a player moves a model, rolls dice, or takes significant time to make decisions during the other player?s
turn, the player whose turn it is has the option of stopping the clock while these actions are resolved."

PxDnNinja
04-23-2012, 02:27 PM
If I was the TO I would say pause any time your opponent is doing something on your turn. CounterCharges and such.

You are already allowed to pause during continuous effects checks.

Valander
04-23-2012, 02:30 PM
The timer can be stopped during Counter Charges and things like that. It is covered on page 6 of SR2012 v1.3:

"When a player moves a model, rolls dice, or takes significant time to make decisions during the other player’s
turn, the player whose turn it is has the option of stopping the clock while these actions are resolved."
This is pretty much all that's covered in the SR document, I believe. I'd check with your TO regarding other "options" for pausing the clock.

Pyrodude32
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
You are already allowed to pause during continuous effects checks.
Your turn time doesn't start until after all of the continuous effects have been completed