PDA

View Full Version : elemental protection and continuous fire

nicholas_342
04-23-2012, 06:25 PM
I just wanted to be clear about this in case it come's up in a game. My druids of orboros of elemental protection up. They get shot by a vanquisher. They are immune to the damage from the blast because it is fire type damage, but they are still on fire from the continuous fire. So I assume that at the start of my next turn, elemental protection expires and then I check for continuous fire for any models that were caught in the blast. Basically what I am asking is the elemental protection ability doesn't protect you from continuous fire, right?

Mr. Golden Deal
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't play Circle, what's the text for Elemental Protection?

Karl Eller
04-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Effects that last for one Round expire just before the start of your next turn, BEFORE continuous effects are resolved, so yes, you would suffer from continuous fire.

(Edit: Working on the assumption that Elemental Protection is a "one round" effect, I don't have the book in front of me)

poeticruse
04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Models with immunity fire cannot be affected by continuous effect fire. The rule appears on p. 35 of primal.

poeticruse
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Answering Questions

Please don't try to answer questions based purely off memory. Conjecture and debate are certainly welcome in any thread regarding an unresolved issue, but if someone just needs a yes/no answer on a straightforward issue it does little good to give 4 different possible answers depending on the specific wording of the abilities when you don't have such wording in front of you. Someone will certainly be along shortly that does have their cards/books on hand.

Guys, don't post if you don't have the rules in front of you, per the Rules Forum rules. Posting people to post rules so you can answer about them is not necessary.

nicholas_342
04-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Once again I am glad to be wrong:)