PDA

View Full Version : A question about boosting with regards to Focus/Fury

Skarekrow
04-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Hello I'm new here!

I am just trying to get this all clarified as in my circle I try to be the rules lawyer to a point and do not want to be giving misinformation that people argue about the books true meaning. My questions are as follows

1 - Am I correct to assume that if I use a Heavy Warjack for example, it can only boost either it's attack roll OR it's damage roll. Not both on the same attack correct? Providing it has enough focus.

2 - That brings me to fury, according to this links wording (as I don't have Primal MK2 yet and won't until my order this weekend) http://teamcovenant.com/doctormungmung/2012/04/02/the-warcasters-dilemma-focus-vs-fury/ that fury allows you to boost both attack AND damage rolls to get 2 boosted chances on that one attack or more if you have the fury.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks!

lobachevskii
04-26-2012, 01:21 AM
1) No. pg73 Prime says: "This model can spend 1 focus point to boost any of its attack or damage rolls during its activation. <snip> . Remember a single roll can be boosted only once, but a warjack can boost as many different rolls as you can afford."

The "or" in the first sentence is used in the usual way, i.e. it means attack rolls, damage rolls or both may be boosted. The last sentence clarifies that you can boost as many rolls as you like as long as you have focus.

2) I don't have Primal immediately to hand so I can't give you a page number. However it works the same way as focus for this mechanic. I.e. you can boost the attack roll, damage roll or both. You still only boost one roll per fury spent unless an additional rule (i.e. Powerful Attack) applies.

Skarekrow
04-26-2012, 02:24 AM
1) No. pg73 Prime says: "This model can spend 1 focus point to boost any of its attack or damage rolls during its activation. <snip> . Remember a single roll can be boosted only once, but a warjack can boost as many different rolls as you can afford."

The "or" in the first sentence is used in the usual way, i.e. it means attack rolls, damage rolls or both may be boosted. The last sentence clarifies that you can boost as many rolls as you like as long as you have focus.

2) I don't have Primal immediately to hand so I can't give you a page number. However it works the same way as focus for this mechanic. I.e. you can boost the attack roll, damage roll or both. You still only boost one roll per fury spent unless an additional rule (i.e. Powerful Attack) applies.

Thank you very much! I was reading the or much too literal or something. I appreciate the answer!

lobachevskii
04-26-2012, 02:43 AM
No problem, happens to us all at some point. :)