PDA

View Full Version : Berserk and frenzying and slamming

Creaux
11-27-2009, 12:56 PM
When a bronzeback frenzies, if he punches his first enemy to death, it seems like berserk ought to kick in, as the frenzy is his combat activation, and have him keep stomping until he fails to kill something, or fails to find something to kill.

A slam is a power attack which is a melee attack, so he ought to punch anyone who is around his slam target, should the slam kill its victim.

Thus, on a frenzy, he'll slam someone, and (if that model is destroyed) proceed to punch everyone else near him as they die, with all attacks frenzy-boosted.

Is this so?

Sevwall
11-27-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure he would keep attacking, but not boosted. The Frenzy rules reference "It makes one attack with its melee weapon with the highest POW. The attack and damage rolls for this attack are boosted," which would seem to indicate that.

sharpe
11-29-2009, 01:12 PM
I would actually assume otherwise, A combat action is something that happens during your activation. I don't think any attack is a combat action. Otherwise a model with berserk that killed something with a freestrike would have to find something else to kill, no?

Creaux
11-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Isn't frenzying your activation, though? "A frenzied warbeast immediately activates and attempts to attack another model."

sharpe
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM
oh, ok. didn't think it was the same, but if thats the case, I guess you would.

TheUnknownMercenary
11-29-2009, 01:26 PM
A frenzied warbeast activates in the Control Phase so Berserk will trigger for the Bronzeback. The attack and damage rolls will not be boosted because only the one Frenzy attack will get the boosted rolls.

sharpe
11-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah, it was the line about "Because you activate in the control phase you don't also activate in the activation phase" that had me confused. sorry.

Lunatic Calm
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Checking...