PDA

View Full Version : Confused by Thresher

miniature
05-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Hi all,

If I have 3 thresher targets, how many attack roll do I need to make? One against all like Ironclad's tremor or 3 attack rolls seperately like the damage rolls?

Thanks in advance.

daoloth
05-02-2012, 02:36 AM
One attack roll per target. So in your case three attack rolls.

Northern Ronin
05-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Thesher is treated like 3 seperate attacks. The Thresher makes 1 Attack Roll for each target, and must pay for boosts for each attack / damage roll they wish to boost.

miniature
05-02-2012, 04:12 AM
3 seperate attacks? But it count as only 1 special attack,right? As far as I know, one model can make only one special attack per activation.

Oniwasabi
05-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Thresher is a single *Attack yes. As part of the resolution of that *Attack you make a melee attack against everything in melee range and LoS at the time you declare your Thresher (it's simultaneous, so no knocking down a front row and then attacking the back row unless you had LoS to begin with to models in the back row). When resolving simultaneous attacks you make an attack roll against each target, then you make a damage roll against each target, then you carry on with the Disabled -> Boxed -> Destroyed of each target if applicable. In your scenario (three targets) you make three attack rolls, one for each target. Then you make a damage roll for each target you hit, etc.

Hope that helps!

miniature
05-02-2012, 05:21 AM
:D Thanks! It is clear now.