PDA

View Full Version : Zerkova's Feat and Calandra's Feat

Wulfenstein
05-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Hopefully this is the right way to do it. It's a two part question based on what happened last night.

So my opponent is playing with Zerkova and pops her feat, catches my mauler and half the army in it. On my turn, I pop Calandra's feat and maneuver my Mauler to walk into his Juggernaut. I hit with both initials, proceed to chain attack where my opponent tells me I can't because of Zerkova's wording. We had a few people at our LGS that gave mixed thoughts on it so we diced off because nobody gave a positive answer, I won, and threw the Juggernaut. The throw was placed onto eAlexia who was a few inches back. This time my feat came under flak. I rolled like a 5 and 1. Went to re-roll the 1 but was told I'm not allowed because it's collateral damage. If you need me to put exact wording of the feats I can.

First part of my question is this, can I or can I not chain attack, it's not a special, it's just his ability or so I thought. I get it is regularly a power attack to throw.

Second question, can I or can I not re-roll collateral damage under her feat?

NmoLvr
05-04-2012, 05:13 AM
I can answer the second question. Calandra's feat does not work with collateral damage per this link: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?72254-Calandra-and-collateral-damage&highlight=calandra

quindraco
05-04-2012, 05:32 AM
Hopefully this is the right way to do it. It's a two part question based on what happened last night.

So my opponent is playing with Zerkova and pops her feat, catches my mauler and half the army in it. On my turn, I pop Calandra's feat and maneuver my Mauler to walk into his Juggernaut. I hit with both initials, proceed to chain attack where my opponent tells me I can't because of Zerkova's wording. We had a few people at our LGS that gave mixed thoughts on it so we diced off because nobody gave a positive answer, I won, and threw the Juggernaut. The throw was placed onto eAlexia who was a few inches back. This time my feat came under flak. I rolled like a 5 and 1. Went to re-roll the 1 but was told I'm not allowed because it's collateral damage. If you need me to put exact wording of the feats I can.

First part of my question is this, can I or can I not chain attack, it's not a special, it's just his ability or so I thought. I get it is regularly a power attack to throw.

Second question, can I or can I not re-roll collateral damage under her feat?

It's the same chain attack as a Kodiak, right? Grab & Smash? This allows you to make a power attack without spending focus and after initials, but it's still a power attack.

captainspud
05-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Power attacks are special attacks. Says so right at the start of the power attack section. Doing it during a chain attack doesn't change that.

The only time you can dodge around it is with attacks that have the result of a power attack shoehorned in as a side effect. For example, chain Smite or (*) Smite aren't power attacks, because while they do result in the target being slammed, they're not telling you to "make a slam power attack". Similarly, effects like Pitch, Tornado, and Crit Devastation result in the target being thrown as a side-effect, but once again they do not actually tell you to "perform a power attack" the way Grab & Smash does, so they're kosher under Zerkova's feat.

Wulfenstein
05-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Alright, that sounds better. Thanks for the replies.

Sometimes even when you think you have things down pact, you can be proven wrong when 6 people are watching the game and start arguing over these things lol...