PDA

View Full Version : never flee and always rally

Iixil
05-06-2012, 09:59 AM
ok so can any1 go over why and what conditions affect models that never flee and always rally compared to fearless models? do they lose the rest of thier activation if they run into a terror model? how do these effects differ?

rydiafan
05-06-2012, 10:05 AM
They are functionally identical.

marxlives
05-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Would it be different of the brigands under carver ran into something that made something always flee and never rally?

rydiafan
05-06-2012, 11:05 AM
When something like that exists, we can come back and have a 5 page thread about it. ;)

Until then, "never flee & always rally" = Fearless

BrotherRaff
05-06-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure about that, Rydianfan...IMHO if it was meant to be Fearless, I think it would say "Fearless."

The way I've been playing "Never Flee & Always Rally" against an abomination or terrifying entity is to make a command check like normal when the unit gets close to said entity. If the check fails, the unit's activation ends. Next turn they can activate as normal. I read this as different from "Fearless" which states that models automatically pass command checks (Prime 85).

By the way, I'm happy to be wrong about this and have it equal Fearless since I play PK's with Connie...

rydiafan
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
If the check fails, the unit's activation ends.

Why? What in the rules would lead to this happening?

Note, also, that the wording of fearless in the rules is "This model never flees" so in essence the question in this thread is "What is the difference between 'this model never flees" and 'this model never flees'" The answer is, of course, nothing.

MagnustheJust
05-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Yarp... Different name, same flavor!!

dungeongod
05-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Never Flee and Always Rallies != fearless, because Fearless is "always passes command tests" For instance, Severius1's convert ability forces the model to make a command test. The fearless model always passes it, but the Never Flee and Always Rallies model does not - unless it also states that it passes all command tests.

quindraco
05-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Never Flee and Always Rallies != fearless, because Fearless is "always passes command tests" For instance, Severius1's convert ability forces the model to make a command test. The fearless model always passes it, but the Never Flee and Always Rallies model does not - unless it also states that it passes all command tests.

This is false. Stone Heart is always passes command checks, which applies in your example, to jack marshals driving, etc etc. Fearless models do NOT always pass command checks - see e.g. the Man-O-War Kovnik, a CMD 10 Fearless Jack Marshal with a Drive, who still has to roll a command check for said drive.

I am not aware of any models with Stone Heart outside of Circle.

Valander
05-07-2012, 08:38 AM
While the overlap between "never flees and always rallies" and Fearless makes them practically identical, they aren't necessarily. If presented with a game situation, do what the rules for the model says. If it's Fearless and needs to make a command check against fleeing, then it will automatically pass (per Fearless rules).

Closing this one because it's a bit too vague. If you have specific questions about specific models/situations, feel free to open a new thread.