PDA

View Full Version : E-Doomshaper question

Asomdeus
05-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Looking at his ability - Attuned spirit (Dire Troll) It reads, Once per activation, this model can cast the animus of a dire troll warbeast in its battlegroup as a spell without spending fury. When a warlock casts an animus its considered an animus and a spell normally. So could you with have an animus, and say the Mauller animus cast using this ability to make it solely a spell on the same warbeast?

NmoLvr
05-07-2012, 07:41 AM
No, multiple effects with the same name do not stack regardless of how much trouble you go to in order to get them there. :)

In your example, the target model would have two instances of 'Rage' and therefore the second one would not count. Spell vs. Animi would not change this.

Asomdeus
05-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I was referring to two different animi on the same beast, one as a spell from Doomshapers ability, the other cast like an animus as normal.

Use the axer's rush and the maullers +3 str for example.

PxDnNinja
05-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Still a no. If I recall a beast can only ever be affected by one animus at a time. When a warlock casts an animus it is both an animus AND a spell, a spell instead of an animus.

dungeongod
05-07-2012, 09:01 AM
It is still an animus, as well as a spell, when it is cast by a Warlock. A model can only ever have one animus (per side) affecting it. So if you cast a second animus on a model, the first one would expire, no matter the source of the animus (assuming it was a friendly source and a friendly animus being put on the model).

Edit: Nnja'd

Asomdeus
05-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I understand you cant have two animi on the same beast, and I understand that when a warlock casts an animus normally its both an animus and a spell, but E-Doomshapers ability "Attuned spirit" says you can cast a Dire troll animus as a SPELL once per turn for free, it says nothing about spell/animus. He is using a separate ability to do this, not casting it normally.

Effectively what I'm asking is, does E-Doomshapers ability "Attuned Spirit" remove the animus quality from the animus being "Attuned" and make it solely a spell.

Valander
05-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Effectively what I'm asking is, does E-Doomshapers ability "Attuned Spirit" remove the animus quality from the animus being "Attuned" and make it solely a spell.
It does not.

Asomdeus
05-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Thank ya :)