PDA

View Full Version : Knock back into other models

Zargar
05-07-2012, 04:34 PM
What happens if I push back (with a shot) an enemy model into another enemy model? Are they both knocked down? Do they take slam damage?

As an example situation:
My defender which is linked to my ATGMs shoots an Axer with Thunderbolt and the Axer is push 3 inches back and hits Madrak. What happens? Are they both knocked down? Is there any damage given out?

Lawso42
05-07-2012, 04:41 PM
push =/= slam. The model pushed would simply be moved into base contact with the model it hits and neither one would be knocked down.

In your situation, the axer would be pushed as far as he could go, contact Madrak's base and stop. The axer would then take the damage roll from the Defender's shot, and Madrak would be completely unaffected.

Lawso

tuttleboy
05-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Lawso has it. Even if you get a critical on the ATGM's hit, you'll only push them and then they're knocked down. Check PG 52 of Prime/Primal under Being Pushed.

Calibre
05-07-2012, 10:47 PM
push =/= slam. The model pushed would simply be moved into base contact with the model it hits and neither one would be knocked down.

In your situation, the axer would be pushed as far as he could go, contact Madrak's base and stop. The axer would then take the damage roll from the Defender's shot, and Madrak would be completely unaffected.

Lawso

The situation for the push is correct, however the axer would not take a damage roll, the Thunderbolt attack type does not cause any damage, it merely allows you to push a model.

Bishop84
05-07-2012, 11:28 PM
The situation for the push is correct, however the axer would not take a damage roll, the Thunderbolt attack type does not cause any damage, it merely allows you to push a model.

Um, really? That's not how I have ever seen it played. It's possible my opponent just glazed over those couple of words that says it doesn't cause any damage. I'll hafta look at their card again when I get the chance.

Sheer_Falacy
05-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Um, really? That's not how I have ever seen it played. It's possible my opponent just glazed over those couple of words that says it doesn't cause any damage. I'll hafta look at their card again when I get the chance.

"Enemy models hit are pushed d3" directly away from the attacking model. On a critical hit, the enemy model is knocked down after being pushed"

It doesn't say that it does no damage, so it does do damage.

Bishop84
05-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Ok, that's exactly what I thought. Calibre confused me there.

solkan
05-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Ok, that's exactly what I thought. Calibre confused me there.

Note that the quote in question says "are pushed". Compare the sections 'Being Pushed' and 'Being Slammed' in Primal Mk II and Prime Mk II. And then notice that the section on 'Collateral Damage' starts out:

If a slammed model contacts a model with an equal-sized base or moves through a model with a smaller base, (colored for emphasis).

Being slammed causes collateral damage, not being pushed. You're going to have a hard time finding ways that being pushed is going to cause damage other than by falling off of terrain.

Maudlin
05-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Thread is going on a bit of a tangent, now.

Push and Slam are indeed different things. Thunderbolt pushes, so there is no collateral damage and nobody is knocked down (at least not by the push).

If the difference is still not entirely clear, I second the suggestion on re-reading the sections on Push and Slam in the rulebook.