PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Deathjack questions

Alex C
05-07-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm new to Cryx and had a couple of questions with regard to the best Warjack in the game:

1. Necromancy. What if Deathjack casts excarnate? It's not RNG SELF or CTRL, so Deathjack can cast it, but it requires the created model to be placed in "this model's control range". Deathjack doesn't have a control range. Solution?

2. If Deathjack casts an upkeep spell, can he upkeep it in future turns?

Minotaur
05-07-2012, 05:24 PM
He cannot cast RNG SELF or CTRL spells, similar to a skarlock. Not sure about the other Q.

Crate123
05-07-2012, 05:26 PM
1: The model must be placed within 3" of the warcaster that controls the Deathjack.

2: The warcaster can upkeep it, in fact it counts as if he had cast it himself, so if he had already cast it, it would now expire.

Alex C
05-07-2012, 05:26 PM
As I already stated, Excarnate is not a RNG SELF or CTRL spell. It has RNG 10, therefore the DJ can cast it. It's effect of creating a model requires a control range, which is the problem.

Alex C
05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
1: The model must be placed within 3" of the warcaster that controls the Deathjack.

2: The warcaster can upkeep it, in fact it counts as if he had cast it himself, so if he had already cast it, it would now expire.

Ah, now it makes sense. Thank you :)

drachenfels
05-07-2012, 05:31 PM
for both questions i dont have the exact wording of necromancy at hand, but it does state something like "the warcaster is still the source of the spell" or something like that.

so for
1) that means "within 3 of this model" is within 3 of the warcaster

2) the controlling warcaster upkeeps the spell, not deathjack.

Alex C
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks drachenfels, I was totally brain farting the "controller is considered to have cast them" part of Necromancy.

Sanctjud
05-07-2012, 06:02 PM
1. 3" of Scavvy/eGaspy is where you put the Model. Deathjack is the point of origin, the Caster is still the one considered casting it.
2. Upkeeps are done only by Casters.

Edit: super late to party T.T