PDA

View Full Version : Snipe Vs Structure

x3tsniper
05-07-2012, 08:38 PM
The only answers I could find to this question are vague quoting MKI rules for the most part.

Sniper - (skipping Jack/beast part) Instead of rolling damage on a ranged attack, this model can inflict 1 damage point.

Rule from Damaging and Destroying Structures
A ranged attack must have a POW of at least 14 to damage a structure.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that snipe doesn't work? My friend was standing here reading the structure rules, as he is about to start playing moshar, and we were wondering.

tuttleboy
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
You're pretty much right. Gotta be a POW 14, or cause corrosion or fire damage on a ranged weapon to damage a structure. PG 91 of Primal and PG 89 of Prime under the heading Damaging and Destroying Structures is where you can find it.

x3tsniper
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Would having a magical weapon change this? Such as Kell Bailoch attempting to ping it.

cheddercaveman
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Its not a matter of it being a magical weapon, it has to be a magic attack, but I highly recommend reading up about it via the page reference that was provided above

Maudlin
05-08-2012, 11:11 PM
If a weapon cannot damage a structure, it doesn't matter if the model with that weapon has Sniper.

If your weapon meets the criteria for damaging a structure (POW 14, AoE, Fire, Corrosion), then Sniper would work.

A magical weapon does not produce magic attacks.

baronvonchaos
05-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Would explosivo satisfy these rules? I'm reading briefly, but is it an "AND" clause where it must be pow 14 and can be anything else?

It gives the list of "[...]ranged pow 14[...]melee attacks, magic attacks, and AOE attacks[...]" Why would it need to quantify AOE attacks. What AOE attacks are there outside of ranged and magic attacks, Thresher?

MagnustheJust
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Would explosivo satisfy these rules? I'm reading briefly, but is it an "AND" clause where it must be pow 14 and can be anything else?

It gives the list of "[...]ranged pow 14[...]melee attacks, magic attacks, and AOE attacks[...]" Why would it need to quantify AOE attacks. What AOE attacks are there outside of ranged and magic attacks, Thresher?

I just reread the section in Primal MK-II...

I think the AoE still needs to start at a base POW of 14 to do the job.

vintersbastard
05-09-2012, 01:44 PM
I think the AoE still needs to start at a base POW of 14 to do the job.Nope, wouldn't make sense that way. (It refers to AOE attack, not to the AOE of an attack).

Kevin949
05-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Don't know if you'd consider it one but the closest I can think of is the bile thrall purge.

Oh, another one I can think of is Daemortus on eGaspy. I don't think it actually does damage, but it IS an aoe that is not a ranged or magic attack.

Snowmelter
05-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Bile thrall purge is not an AOE. Every modell in an area is hit by an individual ranged attack. Bile thralls do nothing against pillars and pillars even protect stuff behind them.
It is enough to be an AOE, POW of the AOE is irrelevant.

The Captain
05-10-2012, 01:11 AM
What AOE attacks are there outside of ranged and magic attacks, Thresher?

Certain untyped special attacks, such as the Kodiak's Vent steam.

Jinxies
05-10-2012, 02:07 AM
I think Rorsh's Diversionary Tactics qualify as well :3

Valander
05-10-2012, 08:18 AM
If a weapon cannot damage a structure, it doesn't matter if the model with that weapon has Sniper.

If your weapon meets the criteria for damaging a structure (POW 14, AoE, Fire, Corrosion), then Sniper would work.

A magical weapon does not produce magic attacks.
This, and the sections in the book, should answer. Straying a bit, so locking. If you have a question about a specific attack qualifying after reading the rules on damaging structures, please ask in a new thread.