PDA

View Full Version : Trample question

Menite Ninja
05-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Do the attacks generated by a trample count as close combat attacks? Logic would say yes but I wanted to double check before I claim authority on the situation. I am asking in relation to Morvahna's feat so that every model I kill with the trample within her control area would creat a forest of doom and also are the attacks of a trample simultaneous or worked out in the order in which I move? Thank you all in advance.

Bishop84
05-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Under Trample in the rulebook it says they're melee attacks, as are all power attacks. Also pretty much any attack/ability that causes multiple attacks/damage rolls are simultaneous. I don't see Trample as being any different.

Sheer_Falacy
05-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Under Trample in the rulebook it says they're melee attacks, as are all power attacks. Also pretty much any attack/ability that causes multiple attacks/damage rolls are simultaneous. I don't see Trample as being any different.

Trample says to make melee attack roll and that models hit suffer a damage roll - whether or not they work with Morvahna's feat is an interesting question. The answer is probably no, because a melee attack is distinct from a melee attack roll - a melee attack targets, among other things.

@ndreas
05-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Hordes, Primal II, pg. 51:
Power attacks are melee attacks with a 0.5" melee range.

Trample is a power attack, thus trample is a melee attack (every single attack resolved by resolving trample too).
So I would say yes, if Morvahna's feat refers to melee attacks, the trample attack would be affected by it.

hamsandwich50
05-08-2012, 04:54 AM
I would say that yes they are valid for the feat, so the order of things would be Trample to final location--> Figure out which trampled models are destroyed-->place forest AOEs and resolve any damage from these. Your model would not be affected by the forest since all the trample attacks are done when the model gets to it's final location, and all attacks would be treated as simultaneous that is why you see which models are destroyed by the trample before placing the AOEs since this affects whether a model will make a forest or not.

Menite Ninja
05-08-2012, 05:18 AM
That's one way to deal with the winterblob. Thank you everyone!