PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on EAsphyxious and Caustic Mist

JuicySquash
05-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Hey All,

So my friend and I are both new to Warmachine, last night we were playing I was using a Khador army with eSorscha while my friend was using eAsphyxious. Since we are both new to warmachine the spell Caustic Mist seemed a little to powerful to be cast through an arch node. I wanted some clarification on this spell and how you can cast it.

I had a question about arch nodes, and there RNG. If it says CMD range is the spell cast through the arch node that casters CMD range? Can eAsphyxious really cast Caustic Mist through an arch node? And if so what is the RNG of the spell? My opponent cast it on my battle mechs and I was not sure if one that was even possible to cast the spell through an arch node and two do my battle mechs die once they are activated or do I have a chance to move out of the cloud? Please help me clarify this because this spell seems way to OP and broken to be able to use.

elplagUe
05-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Caustic Mist is a CTRL ranged spell, and hence cannot be arced. The templates must be PLACED completely within Gaspy's control area, do not require LOS for placement, and can be placed on models. Even though it cannot be arced, the spell has essentially a maximum range of 20".

Crate123
05-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Spells with a range of CTRL (control area, not command) can not be channeled through an arcnode, it will always be on the warcaster.
So caustic mist will always be placed completely within eAsphyxious' control area (14" usually).

If he places the clouds on top of your models, you have time to move out of them. You only take damage if you enter the clouds (which you arent since he placed them on you) or if you end your activation inside them (which you dont do if you move outside).

JuicySquash
05-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Oh right it is CTRL area. And thanks for the clarification that makes a lot more sense.