PDA

View Full Version : Excruciator

CallmeMerry
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
So I was thinking about playing Reznik in an upcoming game of mine, and I am in a bit of a dilemma concerning Excruciator.

Excruciator - Once per turn during this model's activation, when it boxes a living enemy warrior model with a melee attack you can place a wrack into play within 3" of this model. If you do, remove the boxed model from play.

That is the wording on the card, but it fails to mention about whether or not the wrack has a focus point or not. The wrack's Suffering's Prayer specifies that the model begins the game with a focus point, but it is not the beginning of the game when Excruciator comes into play.

My thoughts are that it doesn't come into play with a focus point, but gains one during the next control phase, but I am just trying to clarify so my opponent doesn't claim foul if I played it the other way (allowing Reznik to bring in a Wrack, drain a focus point, and (possibly) blow up a good portion of a unit).

DarkLegacy
02-12-2010, 11:20 AM
It doesn't come into play with a focus point.

WarJack Prime
02-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I understood it to be no focus since it didn't begin the game in play.

brotherscott
02-12-2010, 11:22 AM
You have it right- the Wrack gained by Excruciator will generate a Focus point during your next Control Phase.

CallmeMerry
02-12-2010, 12:13 PM
All right, thanks for the help everyone!

Nighkhaun
02-13-2010, 01:30 AM
just remember, death blast doesn't require focus to trigger. So if you kill an infantry model in a unit, drop that wrack within two inches of reznik and take a swing at it to get a nearly free pow 14 all over those infantry. Wrack bombs for the win