PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sentinel timing

drekks
02-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Hi

Sorry I have already tried to use the search feature to get an answer for this question. So I'm going to post it here. thanks for your patience.

I had a warjack that was within the dark sentinel range before its activation, and was in melee with a Carnivean (http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/mkiiCarnivean). When i activated my warjack I chose not to move and make my initial attacks. Before i could roll the dice he stopped me and said that since i had ended my movement within 5" of Vayl he gets to get his advance and free attack with his Carnivean. (http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/mkiiCarnivean)

Even though I had not moved my figure he said that since I moved past my movement 'phase' to attack, that i had technically ended my movement within his 5". Since the rule stats "when an enemy model ends its normal movement within 5˝ of this model"

he then later sited a rule about activation timing "resolve effects that occur at the end of normal movement"

I don't think that dark sentinel would 'activate', but if someone can please help clear this rule interaction up i would appreciate it.

dicegod
02-13-2010, 12:48 AM
If you end your movement within 5" of Vayl, Dark Sentinel would activate.

In short - yes, it does activate.

snowydude
02-13-2010, 01:27 AM
page 65 prime MK2:
A model can forfeit its movement anytime before it moves. resolve effects to which movement is being forfeited, then the model ends its movement, triggering any relevant effects.

drekks
02-13-2010, 01:48 AM
so.. then i triggers right? snowydude kinda confused me about forfeiting movement. i cannot forfeit my movement to get around this then.

Hjelmen0
02-13-2010, 03:27 AM
No, you cannot. A model forfeiting its movement is the same as it "ending its normal movement", so Dark Sentinel will still trigger.

Malkav13
02-13-2010, 08:06 AM
However, if there is an effect that triggers upon advancing and ending movement, forfeiting you movement will allow you to get around that as you are not making an advance.

Hjelmen0
02-13-2010, 08:11 AM
That's right, but Dark Sentinel is not one of those, Malkav :) Let's not confuse drekks more than necessary :D