PDA

View Full Version : Reach on Units

Psyce
02-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey guys, I know I am probably missing this somewhere in the rule book but I cannot find it!

If a unit has reach and they all run up on a model. can the models in back swing through those in front of them or does having a friendly base in between them prevent the attack!

Thanks!

n00buaddib
02-13-2010, 12:41 PM
They can't fight through bases afaik, unless they have ranked attack.

Or they're fighting against something with a bigger base then they are.

Gen_eV
02-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Don't forget that models only block LOS to those on equal-or-smaller bases. Therefore, you can gang up a bunch of small-based guys against something on a medium/large base, or a bunch of medium-based guys against a large-based model.

Often proves very handy for taking on various heavies with Tharn Ravagers and the like...

Tamwulf
02-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Remember, the only requirements for making attacks is that you have LOS and range.

In your example, the models in the back rank might have the range thanks to reach, but the small based models in front of them block line of sight and are intervening models.

mackman
02-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Unless, of course, there are gaps in between the models in front. It doesn't matter how small the gaps are, as long the model in back can draw LOS to the model it wants to attack.

fintle
02-15-2010, 04:54 AM
Or your caster is eIrusk with Martial Discipline.

KujakuDM
02-15-2010, 10:25 AM
also, you check LOS and Range seperately, so if from one part of the base you have LOS and you barely have him in range from another, you can make the attack.