PDA

View Full Version : Crippled Arm/Ability Lost?

Garcia5156
02-13-2010, 02:44 PM
So I read the rules on crippled arms and it states all the limitation a jack suffers. I am posting just to be sure: a shield "quality" (as stated in the rule) is simply the +2 to ARM, correct? So that while the arm is crippled, there is no armor bonus granted. This means that any other ability granted by the shield is still there? Cortex damaging, Repel, for example?? By the same token, a crippled Reach weapon still has Reach, right? Just making sure of these, though they seem pretty straightforward. Thanks!

n00buaddib
02-13-2010, 02:51 PM
I belive you're correct with the loss of armour from the shield and all, but iirc Repel only works while the shield is not disabled (it should specifically say that on the card). Something along the lines of: ''when a model is hit by this weapon, or this model is hit by an enemy attack and this system is not disabled...''

Gavriel
02-13-2010, 02:59 PM
You do not lose the armor bonus from a shield or buckler when that arm is crippled. This is one of the big changes from Mk I. You only lose the abilities of the shield if it states on the card that the ability is lost.

Garcia5156
02-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Actually, take a look on page 66 of Prime: "If a weapon in the crippled location has the Buckler or Shield weapon quality, the model loses the ARM bonus for that quality while the location is crippled."

TheUnknownMercenary
02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
A crippled buckler or shield will not give the ARM bonus, this is stated in the general rules under crippled systems. Abilities on a crippled system will tell you if they not work while the system is crippled. See the Lancer as an example. It's Cortex Damage ability will still work but it's Shock Shield ability will not work while the system is crippled.

Garcia5156
02-13-2010, 08:12 PM
OK so its model/weapon specific ... thanks!!

Sepulcher
02-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I think the "doesn't lose the ARM bonus when crippled" was during the fieldtest but later removed - I got that that one wrong too and was shown the same thing.

Devilsquid
02-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Basically the only thing you can do with a crippled system is make a simple attack with it, getting only 1d6 to hit and damage with it.

FederationX
02-15-2010, 09:41 PM
@ Garcia5156,
Just to specifically answer one of your opening post questions. A model would still have the reach advantage on a weapon system, even if the system is crippled.

Qyx
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi guys,

My question is: does the shield still have the effect (ie. Repel) on the attack that actually cripples the shield arm?

In other words, before the attack my Revenger shield arm was healthy. On that single attack the shield arm was crippled, but does the attacking model still get repelled 1" after that attack since the shield was healthy when it was hit?

Thanks for the clarification!

snowydude
02-16-2010, 01:47 AM
im going to go ahead and point you in the direction of the last sentence on repulsor shield

This model loses Repel while this weapon system is crippled or locked.

Qyx
02-16-2010, 06:55 AM
im going to go ahead and point you in the direction of the last sentence on repulsor shield

Thanks snowydude, but I'm looking for clarification on the rule, not repeating the rule i'm asking to clarify =P

blue loki
02-16-2010, 07:02 AM
The moment the damage is applied, the system becomes crippled and you lose Repel. The defensive aspect of Repel only resolves after the attack has been resolved. In this instance, once the attack is resolved, Repel is no longer functional and therefore does not occur.

Qyx
02-16-2010, 07:08 AM
The moment the damage is applied, the system becomes crippled and you lose Repel. The defensive aspect of Repel only resolves after the attack has been resolved. In this instance, once the attack is resolved, Repel is no longer functional and therefore does not occur.

cool, thanks Blue Loki for the clarification I was looking for =)