PDA

View Full Version : fleeing units

zyxx
05-23-2012, 09:12 AM
I was reading through the references in Ibodger and I saw the section for "leaving play area"...though it has never come into question, and i have never see it happen, I didn't think models could leave the play area... is this something that is possible? To make a unit run in terror off the table? (yes.. I know you can flee 0"... just wondering if this were possible in case a reason were to arise)

Bishop84
05-23-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm guessing that's a MK I rule they never got around to removing from the program. Everything I've seen in MK II treats the board edge as a wall. Even AoEs can't deviate past the edge.

The Captain
05-23-2012, 12:22 PM
"If an effect would cause a model to move or be placed beyond the table edge (such as being thrown of slammed), the model stops at the table edge and remains in play. The table edge does not count as an obstacle; models do not take additional damage for stopping there." -Rulebook, p. 64

"If the deviated point of impact would be off the table, reduce the deviation distance so the point of impact is on the edge of the table instead." -Rulebook, p. 59

I can't find anything that specifically forbids voluntary movement off the table, it's simply implied because you can't measure movement off the table, and there would be no room for the model's base at the end of the movement.

Mr. Golden Deal
05-23-2012, 02:02 PM
The only thing I can think of that would qualify for that are burrowing models like the Pygmy Burrowers or the Helldiver bonejack, but that's just a guess.