PDA

View Full Version : Back strike

Aliase
02-13-2010, 08:34 PM
First let me apologize if this is answered elsewhere. I tried doing a search in the rules forum and couldn 't find anything easily. I had a question about the +2 bonus that you get to attack rolls when made in a model's back arc. I am still new to the game and want to make sure I am doing things correctly. Today I was playing a game and I made a magic attack against a target in melee. My warcaster was directly behind my Deathjack and I fired at a target he was in melee with. I applied the a -4 penalty to hit my target and I missed. I then proceeded to roll against my own model (the deathjack) to see if the spell hit him. My opponent told me that since my warcaster was directly behind the deathjack, I had to give myself the +2 bonus to attack since I was attacking though my own model's back arc. Is this correct?

amongtheliving
02-13-2010, 08:38 PM
If your warcaster spent its entire activation in its rear arc, then yes. Add the +2 bonus.

Aliase
02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Lol wow thanks for the super fast response. Let me ask you something else quickly then :) If the spell said "target enemy warjack," does that mean that it has no effect on my model even if it hits? Sorry for my newb questions!

TheUnknownMercenary
02-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Something to remember for next time. If the Deathjack has at least one or more non-crippled Arm Systems Skulls of Hate will give the Deathjack a 360 degree front arc.
I have a question, what spell was being cast at the target that was in melee with the Deathjack?
The reason is this from Spell Targetting:

When an offensive spell targetting a model in melee misses, ignore its targetting restrictions when determining which model in the combat might be hit instead. If the new target is an invalid one for the spell, the spell has no further effect.

If the spell target's enemy models it will have no effect on the Deathjack, if the Deathjack becomes the new target for the spell.

Aliase
02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh wow thanks for the fyi about the 360 on the deathjack. That is right on the card...but for some reason I didn't remember it while playing. I was using eSkarre to cast backlash. I didn't think that it would effect my deathjack due to the wording of the spell "target enemy warjack." It sounds like you have confirmed that for me.

Btw this forum is an excellent resource for new players! It is always nice to get feedback what rules mean :)

TheUnknownMercenary
02-13-2010, 10:05 PM
You are right, Backlash will not affect the Deathjack since it is not an enemy model.