PDA

View Full Version : hordes animus stacking

snowydude
02-13-2010, 08:35 PM
ok forgive my lack of knowledge about hordes. and the fact that this has probably already been asked. my search fu is weak.

Krea has an animus that gives def/arm bonus vs ranged attacks.

Krea uses it's animus.
the caster controlling krea can cast the same animus.

both are near enough to eachother for to be within the range limit.
Do the bonuses stack or not?

I ask because it's the same animus but 2 different sources.

TheUnknownMercenary
02-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Same name effects do not stack.

Valander
02-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Additionally, a model can only have one friendly animus acting on it at a time:

Hordes FT PDF, p. 43
A model or unit can have only one friendly animus in play on it at a time. If another friendly animus is cast on a model or unit the older friendly animus expires and is replaced by the new one when the affected model is hit by the animus. The older friendly animus expires even if only a single model in the unit is affected by the new friendly animus. This applies to animi used by warbeasts as well as those cast as spells.

snowydude
02-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys

well the krea animus i think is cast on self so it isn't affected by the one animus per model rule.

TheUnknownMercenary
02-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Valander, snowy was talking about having the Krea be affected by the animus and then the warlock also be affected by the animus and if both models are near each other will they get the benefit of the animus twice (Once from the Krea and other by the warlock). So it is only one animus on two different models. But as I stated before same name effects do not stack.

FerrusManus
02-14-2010, 03:06 AM
well the krea animus i think is cast on self so it isn't affected by the one animus per model rule.

Why wouldn't it? It doesn't matter who cast it, model can NEVER be affected by 2 friendly animus at the same time, EVER (unless some model with special rule allowing it comes out).

eliassmith27
02-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Why wouldn't it? It doesn't matter who cast it, model can NEVER be affected by 2 friendly animus at the same time, EVER (unless some model with special rule allowing it comes out).

A model can be affected by 2 friendly animi if they affect an area and no more then 1 is actually on each model. ie. Krea has her animus on her self and another scorn model is in her animus's AOE and have the Cyclops Brutes animus on it.

Caecus Scius
02-14-2010, 07:32 AM
No...

If there are two effects with the same name, they do not stack. You cannot gain the benefit of the animus twice no matter who you cast it on, because the effect is from the same named source. Thats why you can't have snipe cast onto a gun mage, who can choose to use his ability called snipe. Even though one is a spell and one is a innate ability, they do not stack because they have the same name. Its a basic rule from the basic rule book, but I don't have mine handy to quote the page, just trust me on this.

Valander
02-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Valander, snowy was talking about having the Krea be affected by the animus and then the warlock also be affected by the animus and if both models are near each other will they get the benefit of the animus twice (Once from the Krea and other by the warlock). So it is only one animus on two different models. But as I stated before same name effects do not stack.

Ah, yes that would be true. You could have the same-named animus affecting multiple models, but as you said, no model would benefit from stacking bonuses. I think we're on the same page. ;)