PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing 0"

KrankyPanda
02-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Ok, I understand the fleeing 0" thing, but I'm not understanding the second half of the fleeing rules. If something prevents a unit from running, it makes a full advance? Is there a game effect that prevents a model from running?

And if I don't have to move a unit, why does something that prevents me from running force me to move? I must be confused by the wording or the intent of the fleeing rules.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

TheUnknownMercenary
02-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Since a fleeing causes a model/unit to run, this means that it cannot attack because after a model runs it's activation ends. There are game effects that make it so a model cannot run. If it cannot run under the fleeing rules it most make a full advance and forfeit it's action. A full advance is moving up to it's SPD in inches which means 0 to it's full SPD. I think you are misunderstanding that full advance does not mean you have to move the full amount but that Full Advance is a game term pg 46.

KrankyPanda
02-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Ok, so just to clarify, a fleeing unit/model does not have to move or change facing, it just loses all of it's actions except run or advance?

thegreatblah
02-14-2010, 05:53 PM
All my Trolls units have tough, if they get knocked down due to tough those ones wouldn't run as they can't.

KrankyPanda
02-14-2010, 06:26 PM
All my Trolls units have tough, if they get knocked down due to tough those ones wouldn't run as they can't.

Ok, but a knocked down model can't advance either, right?

Dantes
02-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Any time a model is under an effect that reduces it's speed it cannot run. Thus a fleeing model under the same effect would only advance and not run.

ryandebraal
02-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I just asked a similar question

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?p=165178#post165178

Basically it says "run" to let you know that they can't make any other actions after fleeing.

KrankyPanda
02-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks all, I think all the responses have cleared it up. I think the term "fleeing" is probably what's been causing our group the confusion. In every other wargame I've played over the last 20 years, fleeing denotes some form of movement, whether it's just a facing change or a full out retreat. I understand how the mechanic works now.

Now we, just need to get some more games in :)

Lazlo
02-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Any time a model is under an effect that reduces it's speed it cannot run. Thus a fleeing model under the same effect would only advance and not run.

That is not correct. A model with a penalty to SPD can still run. However, they cannot charge.

Runesong
02-15-2010, 05:07 PM
There are still things like the Argus' Doppler Bark that do specifically prevent running without preventing normal movement. In that case, the Full Advance rule would come into play.

Brings up a funny mental image when a fleeing group Runs or Advances 0". I tend to see that as meaning they're quivering in terror on the spot.