PDA

View Full Version : WarCaster Tiers.

MasterMarglar
06-01-2012, 04:22 AM
My question is simple enough since their are new models and monster's added to game play is there a place to see a new updated tier sheet for the warcasters or do they stay the same and are not updated with the new models as we would like to implement them but with this being said if it breaks up the tier then sometimes it is not worth using. Thank you for your replies.

Crate123
06-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Old tier lists are not updated, the old casters sometimes get new tier lists however and all the incarnation of casters get their own tier lists as well.
Currently you have to own the magazine/book to see what the tier lists are.

The Captain
06-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Many pre-existing theme forces are also already worded so as to allow the use of new models/units. For example, Cygnar Cpt. Kraye can use Cygnar light cavalry units in his theme force, even thoguh there's no Cygnar light cavalry unit in existence. Some Khador theme forces can include Kayazy solos, of which there are none, yet.

MasterMarglar
06-01-2012, 05:38 AM
Ok, what about the Cryx warcasters i am using Mortenebra, i think thats how you spell her name was wondering if she had a theme. that i could look for new to game and love the mini's so far.

under
06-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Ok, what about the Cryx warcasters i am using Mortenebra, i think thats how you spell her name was wondering if she had a theme. that i could look for new to game and love the mini's so far.

Her theme is in the Forces of Cryx book.

MasterMarglar
06-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Does any one have a link to her theme i would love to see it since i am using her for my league tournaments around here. I do not have that book as of yet.

under
06-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Does any one have a link to her theme i would love to see it since i am using her for my league tournaments around here. I do not have that book as of yet.

You are very lucky. Her theme is one of the few that Privateer Press released outside of the Factio Book/Magazine format.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/04/warmachine-teaser-cryx-mortenebra-theme.html

Mustakrakish
06-01-2012, 08:43 AM
there is no "legal" link to it. Its in the Forces of book. Its worded in such a fashion that you could take the Kraken in it.

Never mind, I forgot that BoLS spoiled it a long time ago. Good Catch.

howlingfang
06-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Additionally, if new models are published that are appropriate for existing Theme Forces but are not grandfathered in underexisting model type rules they will have the "Special Issue[Caster]" Ability which says the new model can be included in the Caster's theme forces and can be bonded to the Caster.