PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Locks and Colossals

Unseen
06-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Are Colossals unable to be weapon/head locked?
Is the "S" system lockable?
Can a model in one Field of Fire lock a weapon in the opposite Field of Fire?
Would a colossal that just broke a weapon lock be able to buy additional attacks with its guns up to RoF?

Rynth
06-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Would a colossal that just broke a weapon lock be able to buy additional attacks with its guns up to RoF?

Don't know about the others, but I think this one should be a yes based on the Zerkova feat ruling.
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?88074-Lose-initial-attacks-buy-RoF1-shot&highlight=zerkova

solkan
06-02-2012, 08:05 AM
I think there are about three (or more) paragraphs of unpublished rules that need to be released before the questions in this thread can be answered.

Because there are no rules to quote detailing what the S system is, and whether it's a weapon system. And that also means that not all of the colossal related rules have been released.

jandrese
06-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Nevermind, I was wrong.

Valander
06-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Checking, though might not get answer until retail release.

Valander
06-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Weapons located in the S system can be locked. If it is not a weapon, however (like the Stormwall's pod launcher) it cannot be locked.

hamsandwich50
06-08-2012, 05:30 AM
Do we have an answer to the buying attacks up to ROF question if you don't make your initial melees

Rynth
06-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Don't know about the others, but I think this one should be a yes based on the Zerkova feat ruling.
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?88074-Lose-initial-attacks-buy-RoF1-shot&highlight=zerkova

Now that I can see the errata I second guess myself.
The errata says that the locked model can make additional melee attacks. I don't think that a Colossal's ability to choose to make melee or ranged attacks regardless of engagement gets around that limitation, but who knows.