PDA

View Full Version : Noob question throwing range weapons in melee range

dom symes
06-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Please help
Just played my farrow against trollbloods everything was going great until this happened.
Madrak ironhide was in combat with Brine when my opponent decide to throw madraks axe at one of my slaughter housers
killed him and then this opened up his asassination run on to carver with his only other mini on the table. Madrak was still in brine's melee range
Can you make range attacks on other models when you are in combat?:D
Thanks for your help
dom

vintersbastard
06-01-2012, 01:42 PM
In general, models cannot make ranged attacks while they're in melee.

While some models can get around this via special rules, Madrak is not one of them.

Saraminss
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
I also have to say that the thrown attack should not have happened... As Madrack was engaged... And has no special rule to let him make the attack while engaged.

dom symes
06-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the quick replies
At least it wont happen again now i know

dom symes
06-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I know this is a bit of a cheek but have just txt my mate to tell him the news and he wants to know where this rule is in the rulebook
please could you tell me the page number just to really spoil his evening
many thanks
dom

tankrandall
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I know this is a bit of a cheek but have just txt my mate to tell him the news and he wants to know where this rule is in the rulebook
many thanks
dom

for an exercise why don't you have him look, or look your self.
page 56 of prime. "A model in melee cannot make a ranged attack"

under
06-01-2012, 02:41 PM
many thanks
dom

pg56 Primal
"A model in melee cannot make ranged attacks."

pg56 Primal
"Ranged Weapons in include bows, rifles, crossbows, throwing axes, cannons, and catapults."

Both under the section titled "RANGED COMBAT".