PDA

View Full Version : Nemo3's feat vs electro leap

Crate123
06-02-2012, 03:51 AM
So we know that Nemo3's feat gives an additional dice of damage on lightning based damage rolls made by friendly models.
Are electro leaps made by friendly models ? is it made by the model it bounces off ? or is it just a pow10 damage roll that originates from thin air (pun intended) ?

I know electro leaps are tangled up in the whole "whats an attack" mess but maybe the devs have an intention for this feat that could help clear it up.

tuttleboy
06-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Seems to me that we'll need to wait for the other question to be resolved before we have a full answer, but my gut says no right now because the eleaps aren't "attacks made by a friendly model".

lobachevskii
06-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I used my super secret powers, given to only Ultra-kewl Press Gangers, to get this question answered from someone at PP;

"Does an electro-leap gain the bonus die under Nemo3's feat?"
the answer: Yes

I'm sure DC knows what he's talking about.

Originally posted in the Cygnar forums; reposted here for more general dissemination. Obviously make of it what you will, hopefully all will be made clear with the retail release.

vintersbastard
06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Whether Elector Leaps come from attacks or not is completely irrelevant.

The only important question is whether they're considered to come from the model who made the attack that triggered them, and I see no reason at all why they shouldn't be.

And don't bring up Point of Origin, channelling makes it clear that that's not the basis for this kind of attribution.

sleet01
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
There's a precedent-setting ruling^w unresolved thread on Prey and e-leaps from Lightning Tendrils, but I'm sure it's about to get reversed^w ruled on. Here (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?36163-Lightning-Prey&highlight=Lightning+tendrils+prey).

Bishop84
06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, there's no rule in that thread. And the reasoning isn't sound because the way it was heading, Chain Lightning arcs would not be boostable because after the first model hit, the caster is no longer the source of the damage.

Crate123
06-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, there's no rule in that thread. And the reasoning isn't sound because the way it was heading, Chain Lightning arcs would not be boostable because after the first model hit, the caster is no longer the source of the damage.

We know that all the bounces from chain lightning are part of the attack, that has already been ruled upon.
However last time electro leap was asked about https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?101234-Origin-of-damage-and-boosted-reduced-damage&highlight=prey Poeticruse said he couldnt rule upon it at the time since it was a part of the "whats an attack" debate. So its not at all clear whether or not electro leap comes from the model with the rule.