PDA

View Full Version : A spell question

journeymanbob
06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Ok I know you can not have more than 1 friendly upkeep spell on a model/unit at a time, but can you cast multiple none upkeep buffing spells on a model/unit. what caused this question is a situation that came up during my last game night. A player has Legion of everblight and the little bitting beasts has a none upkeep animus that grants +1 to str and somthing else. the player wished to cast it multiple times on her Carnivian. I ruled it like an upkeep spell so only once per model/unit was I wrong or right?

thank you for any help.

Valander
06-02-2012, 10:24 AM
A model can only have one friendly upkeep spell, one enemy upkeep spell, one friendly animus, and one enemy animus on it at a time. Non upkeep spells have no limit, though two things to remember:

1. Effects of the same name do not stack unless their text says they do.
2. A warlock casting one of their beasts' animi counts as both a spell and animus for the limitations above.

journeymanbob
06-02-2012, 10:29 AM
so just clarify I ruled that one right then since that would have been 2 animuses on one model?

PS: side note Can a warbeast cast their animus on anouther model?? if the answer is no what page is that on?

thank you again my group is new and just trying to get things right.

Valander
06-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Right, you wound up making the right ruling, even if you didn't realize it was an animus. ;) Even if it wasn't, though, casting it multiple times on the same target would be a waste, since effects of the same name do not stack.

A warbeast can cast its animus on another mode providing the animus is not RNG Self and any other targeting restrictions are met.

Blaque
06-02-2012, 09:17 PM
A model can be affected by any number of enemy animi, actually, although currently none exist.

And stuff.