PDA

View Full Version : Kraken & Power Attacks

The Happy Anarchist
06-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Colossal rules say that their melee attacks have a 2" reach unless otherwise stated and that this includes Power Attacks.

Chain Strike on the Kraken says that the model has a 4" melee reach. Do the power attacks from the Kraken have a 4" reach or 2" reach? It could be interpreted either way, want to make sure I am clear on it.

FearLord
06-04-2012, 02:18 PM
A model's melee range has no effect on the range of its Power attacks. Colossal Power attacks have a 2" melee range unless the Power attacks are specified as having a different melee range in that Colossal's rules.

The Captain
06-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Other models with Chain strike have the rule on their melee weapon, so I'm guessing Kraken does, too.

Power attacks (Prime, p. 51) specify that the special rules of melee weapons do not apply, unless they specifically refer to power attacks. Hence, no chain strike on power attacks.

Valander
06-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Other models with Chain strike have the rule on their melee weapon, so I'm guessing Kraken does, too.

Power attacks (Prime, p. 51) specify that the special rules of melee weapons do not apply, unless they specifically refer to power attacks. Hence, no chain strike on power attacks.
Correct.

Additionally, because I'm feeling generous:

Tactical Tips

Chain Weapon - Chain weapon does not modify the melee range of power attacks made by this model.