PDA

View Full Version : Colossals + Overrun question

Cirrus Alreia
06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
If I'm playing a colossal(which I realize it isn't out yet but I'm hoping someone can still help me) and I put overrun on it, the way I understand it, I can't punch something to death(or tentacle monster it as it were) then move the colossal with the overrun proc.

I understand that there is no out-of-activation movement but if I did it during the Colossal's activation could I use the movement?

solkan
06-05-2012, 01:08 PM
The restriction on Colossals is not "Cannot move outside of activation." It's

A colossal can only advance during its normal movement and cannot be placed.
Where normal movement is

The term normal movement refers to the movement a model makes during the movement portion of its activation.
and

Advancing refers to any movement a model intentionally makes, not to any movement caused by other effects such as being pushed or being slammed.
(Of course, colossals also cannot be slammed, pushed, or knocked down.)

So, no, a colossal cannot advance as a result of the overrun effect because that would be an advance outside of normal movement.

malice
06-05-2012, 04:20 PM
thats still in my opinion BS i can see them making it so that you cant move them outside of thier activation, but something like Overrun should allow them to move during thier activation if they are the model triggering the ability. Not that solkan is wrong, but id still like to see an infernal look into this.

petegrrrr
06-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Why would an infernal look up a ruling that is clearly answered in the basic rules for the model?

I understand not liking it, but no infernal is going to look up a rule just because someone doesn't like it.

Asomdeus
06-05-2012, 04:46 PM
If they allowed that for some crazy reason, you would see goading Mountain Kings and that would be absolutely OP.

Valander
06-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Why would an infernal look up a ruling that is clearly answered in the basic rules for the model?

I understand not liking it, but no infernal is going to look up a rule just because someone doesn't like it.
More importantly, we're not going to rule against or change a rule that is clear. And not every rule needs infernal confirmation. Solkan provided everything needed to answer.