PDA

View Full Version : Chain Attack: Smite on the Knights Exemplar Errant

sterling319
06-05-2012, 10:19 PM
If the Exemplar Errant pulls off his chain attack, does he gain the weapon master additional die on the slam damage roll?

petegrrrr
06-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Yes, because it is a weapon attack (it is listed under the weapon, not the model), so it has all the properties and rules of the weapon.

itchmonkey
06-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Exemplar Errant has chain attack?

Edit: it looks like you're talking about Knight Exemplar Seneschal

Mockingbird
06-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Depends on the wording of smite - power attacks don't get the special rules on weapons.

How is smite worded?

juckto
06-05-2012, 11:51 PM
If this model hits the same model with both its initial attacks with this weapon, after resolving the attack it can immediately make one additional melee attack against that model. If the additional attack hits, the target is slammed d6" directly away from this model. The pow of the slam damage roll is equal tp the str of this model + the pow of this weapon. The pow of collateral etc.

I would say no, because the weapon triggers a slam, which is a form of a power attack which don't get boosts from weapons

FearLord
06-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Weapons Master applies - https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?12128-Seneschal-s-Smite-extra-die

solkan
06-06-2012, 12:35 AM
For the sake of argumentation about why...

Power attack slam is a special attack that performs a slam, just like power attack push is a special attack that performs a push.

Triggering a slam doesn't make something a power attack or a special attack, any more than triggering a push does. For example, the push in Wraith Witch Deneghra's Hellmouth doesn't turn that spell into a power attack; nor does the a Reaper's Drag into a power attack just because the target model gets pushed.

So Chain Attack: Smite is just an attack that happens to cause a slam.

On the other hand, I didn't think the weapon master bonus damage would apply because I thought that the slam damage roll was not the weapon's damage roll.

It's a "Melee weapon slam damage roll", I guess. :)

Bishop84
06-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Typically, non-warjack/beast models don't make power attacks. Some effects mimic power attacks in board application, but they are not power attacks themselves and are not governed by rules that are specific towards power attacks.

Slam is a game term that can be performed a number of different ways. Nothing in the Slam rule prevents the usage of Weapon POW. Power Attack: Slam is a power attack, and power attacks say that weapons are not used, just current STR.

vintersbastard
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Note that non-warjack/beast models don't make power attacks. Some effects mimic power attacks in board application, but they are not power attacks themselves and are not governed by rules that are specific towards power attacks.
The Ogrun Bokur disagrees with you.

I'd put it more simply: A model makes a power attack if some rule specifically says so. Chain Attack: Smite doesn't, so it's not a power attack.

Bishop84
06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
The Ogrun Bokur disagrees with you.

Ah, you got me there. I reworded my post to be more truthful.