PDA

View Full Version : Press Gang Hand Weapons

wazatdingder
06-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Hawk's Object of Desire says Sea Dog Hand Weapon gets bonus. Does this include Press Gang Hand Weapons?

Crate123
06-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Yes, its part of their descriptor and as we know from page 29 of Prime
"A model or unit may be refenrenced by either line of its name, in whole or in part"
since Sea Dog is part of their name, they are a Sea Dog unit.

wazatdingder
06-06-2012, 06:16 AM
I am actually referring to the "s" at the end of Weapon. Sorry for not clarifying. Press Gangers have Hand Weapons, Crew have Hand Weapon. The only reason why I can see they would be different is to negate this rule for PGs.

Crate123
06-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Aah I see what you mean. IMO Hand Weapons refers to the fact that they carry several. It doesnt matter which one they use, it will still be a Hand Weapon attack. But I can see where the hair is being split.

Dont read too much into that S IMO.

wazatdingder
06-06-2012, 06:51 AM
I am cool with it, just want an official ruling before i take it into competitive play. :)

Ger
06-06-2012, 08:16 AM
I'd assume the extra S is just an errant S no one caught. Pressgangers gaining Hawk bonus is how it's always been so yeah it works.

The Captain
06-06-2012, 10:08 AM
A plural form of x means that there is more than one x. The rules for x apply to all x's.

Similarly, a rule that affects "Sea Dogs" does not cease to apply when there is only one Sea Dog left.

Personally, my wish is that people could stop asking for official rulings for blatantly obvious stuff and let the official rulers concentrate their energies on the vague cases.