PDA

View Full Version : Purification and Wild Growth

Page
06-08-2012, 07:52 AM
I have searched for this and found some people alluding to the answer but I just want it in plain text here as I know this will come up soon for me.

Does Purification end the Forest made by the Wild Growth Animus if the Purification spell contacts the Forest?

I am asking because although the Forest is made via an Animus I am not sure if the Animus pulses, makes the Forest and then stops existing, leaving behind a Forest the lasts for one round.

Thanks for anyone who can give me an answer.

Crate123
06-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Well we know that the forest is an animus effect that is attached to the model that has used the animus since that casting it again OR any other animus on the caster will end it.
IMO the forest only leaves play if you hit the caster with Purification but its a little iffy.

nverbe
06-08-2012, 09:28 AM
yeah the model who cast the wild growth is considered to be under the effects of an animus, even if he leaves the forest after dropping it.

I say the forest will disappear in both cases. if either the model with the wild growth on him or if forest is in the purification area of effect, then the forest will end.

Stuh42l
06-08-2012, 09:33 AM
yeah the model who cast the wild growth is considered to be under the effects of an animus, even if he leaves the forest after dropping it.

I say the forest will disappear in both cases. if either the model with the wild growth on him or if forest is in the purification area of effect, then the forest will end.

Why? Would a BoC template get removed if hit by purification? If anything, I believe you would have to hit the caster of the spell/animus.

Page
06-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Interesting. To me it only got popped if the spell hit the Forest, never thought about the Warden. Now I am even less sure. ><

alexan
06-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Continuous effects, animi, and upkeep spells in this model's control area immediately expire.

Center a 4" AOE on this model. The AOE is a forest that remains in play for one round.

Based off how I'm reading it, I don't believe Purification kills the forest template.
The animus puts the forest in play.
The forest is a result of the animus, not the animus itself.
Therefore purification couldn't get rid of the forest.

edited to add:

So, lets say the warden was forced to use his animus and place the forest, then ends his activation.
Say a Gorax activates next, and puts Primal on the warden to force a frenzy next turn.
When Primal is cast, would you remove the forest template due to the Warden having two animi on him?
No, because Wild Growth already did it's thing, and is no longer "on" the warden.

Bishop84
06-09-2012, 09:37 AM
So, lets say the warden was forced to use his animus and place the forest, then ends his activation.
Say a Gorax activates next, and puts Primal on the warden to force a frenzy next turn.
When Primal is cast, would you remove the forest template due to the Warden having two animi on him?
No, because Wild Growth already did it's thing, and is no longer "on" the warden.

Two problems here. Primal is target living warbeast only. Can't target a Woldwarden.

Also, it has been ruled that the animus is "on" the model that used it so if another animus is used on it, the previous animus (the forest in this case) expires.

Don't think of it as the animus created a forest and it's done, but rather the power of the animus is maintaining the effect of a temporary forest. If something (Purification, another animus) severs that power, the forest dissipates.

vintersbastard
06-09-2012, 09:37 AM
When Primal is cast, would you remove the forest template due to the Warden having two animi on him?Actually, going by this ruling (privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?97891-Can-a-Circle-warlock-lay-down-multiple-Wild-Growths-from-the-Woldwarden-s-animus), yes, you would.

The AOE would certainly be removed if the caster of the animus was affected by Purification. Whether it would also expire if only the AOE itself is within the Purified area, I'm not quite sure.

vintersbastard
06-09-2012, 09:38 AM
When Primal is cast, would you remove the forest template due to the Warden having two animi on him?Actually, going by this ruling (privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?97891-Can-a-Circle-warlock-lay-down-multiple-Wild-Growths-from-the-Woldwarden-s-animus), yes, you would.

The AOE would certainly be removed if the caster of the animus was affected by Purification. Whether it would also expire if only the AOE itself is within the Purified area, I'm not quite sure.

HellecticMojo
06-09-2012, 11:00 AM
in the same vein does Rockwall dispell if you purify the wall, but not the caster?

Crate123
06-09-2012, 01:58 PM
in the same vein does Rockwall dispell if you purify the wall, but not the caster?

Yes it does but Stonewall it is not on the caster so it doesnt really apply here.