PDA

View Full Version : Purification rock wall

beatdown
06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
If eVayl purifies and catches eBaldur in range does this remove the rock wall from play.

Ordrek
06-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I believe it only matters if the wall itself is in the effect. If so, the wall is gone since it is an upkeep spell. The same is true for other upkeeps that place an effect on the board. If the effect is in, the upkeep is gone. However, if they effect emits from the caster itself, you need to get the caster in it to remove it.

Natetehaggresar
06-10-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't have purfication's rules on me. But rock wall doesn't target a model, it just puts the effect into play.

If purification says something like all upkeeps in this models control area expire, then if rockwall is in the control area it expires.

If purification says something like all upkeeps on MODELS in this models control area expires, then rock wall is not effected because it is not on a model, just in play.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :-/

poeticruse
06-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Please mind the rules forum rules when answering questions.

Answering Questions

Please don't try to answer questions based purely off memory. Conjecture and debate are certainly welcome in any thread regarding an unresolved issue, but if someone just needs a yes/no answer on a straightforward issue it does little good to give 4 different possible answers depending on the specific wording of the abilities when you don't have such wording in front of you. Someone will certainly be along shortly that does have their cards/books on hand.

Welcome to the rules forum.

For spells, like rock wall, that place a template in play, the template can be dispelled if it is in the area of Purification.

crazyivan111
06-11-2012, 12:55 PM
For spells, like rock wall, that place a template in play, the template can be dispelled if it is in the area of Purification.

Purification causes animi, continuous effects, and upkeep spells to immediately expire. Is rock wall an upkeep spell (sorry, have not seen ebaldur)? If so, wouldn't it be an upkeep on ebaldur, and he would need to be in the purification AOE? If not, how does purification remove the wall? Is there some specific ruling for this kind of situation?

If this does work, then why is that, and does the same rule apply to moshar's pillars of salt?

Thanks

Crate123
06-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Purification causes animi, continuous effects, and upkeep spells to immediately expire. Is rock wall an upkeep spell (sorry, have not seen ebaldur)? If so, wouldn't it be an upkeep on ebaldur, and he would need to be in the purification AOE? If not, how does purification remove the wall? Is there some specific ruling for this kind of situation?

If this does work, then why is that, and does the same rule apply to moshar's pillars of salt?

Thanks

Rock wall is an upkeep spell yes (unless its cast by Janissa) so its removeable by purification. Its not on Baldur because the range is CTRL and not Self. So therefor you have to catch the wall inside the purification and not the caster, its that simple.

crazyivan111
06-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Rock wall is an upkeep spell yes (unless its cast by Janissa) so its removeable by purification. Its not on Baldur because the range is CTRL and not Self. So therefor you have to catch the wall inside the purification and not the caster, its that simple.

Ok, thanks. As I said before, I'd never seen his card, and only heard about it via word of mouth and BattleCollege, so my grasp of the details of the spell was quite flawed. I was reading poeticruse's statement to mean that spells that place a template are cleared by purification because they were templates, rather than spells that are eligible to be terminated by Purification whose range are non-self and whose template is within the AOE of purification are removed.

That little bit of clarification makes a HUGE difference. Thanks