PDA

View Full Version : Kromac isn't supposed to full heal when he transforms, right?

Flak Maniak
06-22-2012, 03:21 AM
So I read the errata on Bethayne a while ago having her keep damage. And I was reading Kromac and he just said to replace the model, and carry over effects, with no mention of damage, and the errata doesn't address this. Now, given the nature of his feat and common sense, I would of course assume intent was that he keeps damage, but by RaW it seems that he doesn't. Is there something I'm missing in RaW that makes him keep damage? The replacement rules don't.

(Further, if RaW doesn't carry damage between forms, does being removed from the table clear the damage or would it just result in him having two damage tracks? I'm presuming by the wording of the Bethayne errata that it would just be cleared off when he was removed from the table.)

Thenmy
06-22-2012, 03:33 AM
He doesn't heal, no. The issue about Bethayne was that you actually remove her model from the table and return her again when she exits Belphagor, which rose some questions regarding her damage. Kromac is still the same model when he transforms.

LEJ
06-22-2012, 03:37 AM
The card is clear that the two models are different

"Replace its human model with the beast model"

So human Kromac does leave the table and beast kromac is put into play.
I'm sure he's not supposed to heal though.

solkan
06-22-2012, 07:33 AM
If the human form and the beast form are different models, which would be required for them to heal, then neither of them has fury or a battle group.

No, really. You have human form model on the table and next to it you have Kromac's six fury. Any rules as written argument that the beast form model would arrive without damage on it is an equally strong argument that neither form can spend the fury to transform because it isn't theirs (especially after you've swapped models once).

In order for the model to work at all, both models have the same fury pool and the same damage track and battle group, and there's no healing when one model replaces the other. And once you accept that, then it becomes simple:
Neither model heals because Kromac the Destroyer, the thing that the damage track and fury and battle group all belong to, never leaves the table or returns to the table even though the human form or monster form models do.