PDA

View Full Version : Rutger Shaw - Flank & Flank?

Michael
02-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi all. This is just a quick question I've been wondering about ever since I received my Rutger Shaw card in the mail.

Does Rutger receive both the Flank[Taryn di la Rovissi] and Flank[warjack this model controls] bonuses if he's attacking a model that is engaged by both Taryn di la Rovissi and a warjack that he controls?

I'm aware that no rules have yet been released for Taryn. I just thought I'd get this question out of the way sooner rather than later...

Techcasualty
02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
abilities with the same name do not stack. The abilities' names are flank. The part in [] are modifiers of the ability

Michael
02-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks. I'm aware of the "abilities with the same name don't stack" ideal.

I would, however, have thought that Flank[name 1] and Flank[name 2] would make them no longer "abilities with the same name" and therefore allow them to stack.

ScrapCupcake
02-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Nope, Flank is the ability name, and is generic. The thing in brackets just says what he gets flank with. This is just the first model to make use of the new generic[specific application] template to apply the [specific application] to more than one model or type of model.

Still the same ability, which would not stack :)

Lunatic Calm
02-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Same ability, does not stack.

Michael
02-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the clarification!