PDA

View Full Version : Special Attack Question

Karchev_the_Terrible
07-03-2012, 11:11 PM
If you charge and do a special attack like backswing, thresher, etc, is the damage roll on the first attack still boosted per normal attacks, or is it regular like power attacks being subbed for a charge attack?

Sheer_Falacy
07-03-2012, 11:32 PM
The damage roll on the first attack against the model you charged is boosted (not every damage roll on the thresher).

Also, you can't sub power attacks for a charge attack. You can't use power attacks after charging.

The Captain
07-04-2012, 03:26 AM
As long as the special attack is a melee attack (i.e. the *Attack is on a melee weapon) and not a "special" special attack (such as Devastator's Rain of Death, which can be used after a charge even though it's not a melee attack), it still qualifies as a charge attack and the damage roll against your charge target is boosted.

Crimsus
07-04-2012, 06:42 PM
PG_The Captain:
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I wanted to get clarification on your comment regarding Devastator's. I tried to send you a PM but the system said I couldn't.

Anywho, so let's say I choose to use my Devastator's Rain of Death in place of a normal melee charge attack. Does Rain of Death automatically get boosted or will I need to spend focus?

-Crimsus

Valander
07-04-2012, 07:27 PM
New questions should get new threads.

Damage from Rain of Death does not get the charge boost, however.