PDA

View Full Version : Incorpreal and freestrikeing

DonJean
07-04-2012, 12:32 AM
The setup is:

If a model declares a charge on a model behind an incorpreal model and then proceeds to move. At what point does the incorpreal model make his free stike and become corpreal thus preventing movement.

A = Charging Model
B = Corpreal model
C = Charge target

A

B

C

As I read the rules the it can go one of two ways.
1. Either Model B becomes corpreal the moment A crosses onto its base and least displacement means it gets moved back thus blocking the charge and then makes a freestrike
or
2. Model B becomes corpreal the moment A crosses onto its base and A is rewound to the last legal position and then B makes a freestrike.

Bishop84
07-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Ok, my understanding is that assuming both are exactly the same size and A charges directly over B, the free strike would be triggered at the point that model A occupies the exact same space as model B as that's the point the trailing edge of A's base would leave B's front arc. At this point model B has to become corporeal to make the attack, but 'least disturbance' doesn't kick in until 'the model stops moving'. So I see a third option.

3. Model B become corporeal and makes an attack against model A. Model A continues the rest of its movement.

EDIT: I removed the part about 'if the bases still overlap' because Incorporeal says you have to have room to be past it at the end of the movement.

vintersbastard
07-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Continue moving on the other side. Ruled here (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?5985-Charging-through-incorporeal&p=280916&viewfull=1#post280916). Do not use least disturbance, since you're not yet done with moving.

You all know where the search function is, now use it.:)

juckto
07-04-2012, 04:27 AM
You'd use rule of least disturbance only if you make the charging model stationary, knocked down, or cripple its movement. Im pretty sure.

vintersbastard
07-04-2012, 07:05 AM
You'd use rule of least disturbance only if you make the charging model stationary, knocked down, or cripple its movement. Im pretty sure.

Going by this ruling (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?61520-Essence-of-Dust-vs-Spirit-Chaser&p=842251&viewfull=1#post842251), that should be correct.

DonJean
07-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Thank you vinters I knew of that ruling but I must have typed in something wrong when I was searching for it. This can be locked now