PDA

View Full Version : Scaverous and Feat: Black Gate

zyxx
07-05-2012, 11:50 AM
ok, when Scaverous pops Black Gate... "Friendly faction models in Scaverous' control area gain boosted magic attack rolls, and Scaverous himself may cast his spells for one focus less than their listed price for the turn, while he makes his enemies pay one more for their own spells and animi."

my Question is about the "boosted magic attacks" part... does this include attacks made by magical weapons as well? Are they not considered magic attacks? Some abilities/models require you to have a magical attack to harm them (Paladins, Incorporeal models...) and magical weapons fall into this category for such purposes...

I'm probably grasping at straws here to make an already awesome caster... awesomer?...but just wanting to be sure

CyrDraconis
07-05-2012, 12:00 PM
No, they are not. Significant difference between magic attacks (spells), and attacks with weapons having the magical advantage, unfortunately.

DrFish
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
There are attacks, attacks with magical weapons, and magical attacks. Magical attacks are spells. Attacks with magical weapons are just attacks (ie an attack with a magical melee weapon is just a melee attack).

Crate123
07-05-2012, 12:28 PM
There are attacks, attacks with magical weapons, and magical attacks. Magical attacks are spells. Attacks with magical weapons are just attacks (ie an attack with a magical melee weapon is just a melee attack).

Not quite.
A spell is a Magic attack, an attack with a Magical melee weapon, is a Magical melee attack. dont confuse Magic and Magical. (Damn I wish they had called magical for enchanted instead).