PDA

View Full Version : Rules on movement over linear obstacles and walls

UmbrellaCorp487
07-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Alright the rules on moving over a linear ob states that you must be able to clear the obstruction with your normal movement, so my question is do Warjacks treat them as rough terrain some one at my gaming club said they do but I cannot find this in the rules. Also when do linear obstacles stop being such and become walls? In the book it says .5 inches and how do you handle movement over walls? is it the same, also does pathfinder allow for charging over walls and linear obstacles? Sorry for what might seem like an obvious question but i'm at the point in this game where you start to read into the rules and confuse yourself

TLDR; can some one quickly explain the difference between Linear Obstacles and Walls, and dealing with movement over them.

Michael
07-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Linear obstacles are linear obstacles; they are not defined as rough terrain also unless you decide that they are.

Linear obstacles stop being linear obstacles when you and your opponent agree they are not linear obstacles. There are specific sizes listed in the rules, but I rarely (if ever) see physical pieces of terrain that perfectly conform to those sizes. Most players say "This is going to be treated like X", and they agree to do so if it seems reasonable.

"Wall" is not a game term and has no specific meaning. "Linear obstacle", "obstruction", "obstacle", "hill", and some others are, however, defined game terms. Usually people define walls as "obstructions" or "obstacles", depending on the physical piece of terrain.

There's a lot of "you and your opponent agree on this stuff before the game begins" in regards to the terrain rules. So, talk it out with your opponent beforehand! :)

Hope this helps!

Crate123
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
As michael says there are no "walls" in the game. Regarding linear obstacles, you do need pathfinder to charge across them but they are not rough terrain in the normal sense.

UmbrellaCorp487
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Thank you, I just wasn't sure if warjacks had some sort of special rule regarding normal LO