PDA

View Full Version : Null Magiv and Geomancy

Haugfather
11-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Does Orin Midwinter's Null Magic work against a Woldwarden's Geomancy. I see "Cast" in there like 4-5 times. It seems obvious to me that it would but I want to be sure.

rydiafan
11-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Cast means cast, and Orin says you can't do it. Nothing special about Geomancy that'd ignore that.

Amarel
11-28-2009, 10:00 AM
For the sake of Geomancy, the Woldwarden is considered an Arc Node (i.e. it is the origin of the spell, but not the caster of the spell: "The models controller is considered to have cast the spell").

rydiafan
11-28-2009, 12:25 PM
For the sake of Geomancy, the Woldwarden is considered an Arc Node (i.e. it is the origin of the spell, but not the caster of the spell: "The models controller is considered to have cast the spell").

That's the same wording used on the Deathjack and Skarlock thrall. I's not working as an arcnode.

The Wodwarden IS casting (present tense) but the Warlock is considered to HAVE cast it (past tense). This means that the Warlock can upkeep it, etc. but the actual casting action is done by the Woldwarden. If i was worded "the Warlock is considered to be casting the spell" you would be correct.

Corevak
11-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Geomancy says that this model can be forced to cast a spell. It would seem to me based on the wording that the Woldwarden/ Megalith is casting the spell and thus would be effected by Null Magic. This bites for me as I play Orboros.

Mootaz
11-30-2009, 01:46 AM
When using Geomancy the Woldwarden is actually casting the spell. The part about "the warlock is considered to have cast the spell" is important for things like "who pays upkeep", etc. but the Woldwarden did the actual casting.

Haugfather
11-30-2009, 10:07 AM
When using Geomancy the Woldwarden is actually casting the spell. The part about "the warlock is considered to have cast the spell" is important for things like "who pays upkeep", etc. but the Woldwarden did the actual casting.

So to get back to the Original Question. Null Magic does indeed counter Geomancy.