PDA

View Full Version : Collossals santuary question.

obnoxiousno1
07-12-2012, 07:25 AM
What is the model volume of the sanctuary?

I would like to claim the three points for modelling one for our local collossals event, but do not wish to cheat anyone by making it to big.

captainspud
07-12-2012, 07:31 AM
It's 120mm in diameter, and however tall you want to make it. As an obstruction, no model can ever enter its footprint, so it doesn't ultimately matter if you make it three inches tall or three feet tall.

obnoxiousno1
07-12-2012, 07:49 AM
I'm more concerned about drawing line of sight over it. It's on a colossals footprint, but isn't a colossal.

WarlockFiretopMountain
07-12-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't have rules for Battle Engines or Collossals. Extrapolating from Prime MKii, 120mm bases would automatically block line of sight to anything with an equal or smaller base, i.e. everything.

jandrese
07-12-2012, 09:29 AM
As an obstruction though you would use the Volume Cylinders of the attacking and defending model to determine LOS through it. The model itself has no cylinder, you use the actual physical model when determining LOS. The height might actually matter then, since if it is only an inch tall then it would not block LOS to anybody, but if it were a foot tall then it would block LOS to any model that isn't on a hill or something behind it.

captainspud
07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Neither the core game rules nor the scenario define how tall "an obstruction" is (I think there's a minimum height, like the 1" minimum on obstacles, but there's no maximum), so it's as tall as you want it to be.