PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

zlygobbo
07-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Hello, I have some questions... I am little bit skilled player bud during some games I ha some questions...

1;
I have Kromac in his Human Form i want to move then I use Feat and change to Beast form... And then i can still perform JUMP? Yes or No?

2; I have Warpath on Kromac and I have also Stalker he start killing models with Berseker when he kills last model in his mele range i want to use warpath and then I can continue with Berserk? or i haveto buy other attack and then i can continue with Berserk....

3; I have Stalker he have no animus on himself he will kill some models and then i want to decide that i want to cast Lightning strike on himself and finish activation Do will trigger the Sprint or not?

4; And last question The enemy unit have a Primed (from Durgen Madhammer)... So came with my Gorax to the enemy model i used power attack to Thow him to other model from same unit. Do will explode the thrown model? or not? because he suffered collateral DMG bud from my melle attack. the model which was hit by the thrown model will not explode...

LEJ
07-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Usually these things are best resolved in the Rules Forum (https://privateerpressforums.com/forumdisplay.php?39-WARMACHINE-amp-HORDES-Mk-II-Rules-Questions) but here goes:

1: No. to trigger the leap you must have the ability when you advance.

2: Yes, you have to resolve the warpath move (When you choose to trigger it) before the extra attack so you do not need to buy.

3: No, to trigger sprint you must have the ability when you kill a model.

4: A primed model thrown will explode, a primed model hit by a thrown model does not.

eliassmith27
07-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Also see FAQ in this community.

zlygobbo
07-15-2012, 12:54 PM
1; Bud in rulez is written Aftern using its normal movement to make a full advance but before performing an action, you can place this model anywhere completely within 5". So when i use normal movement then feat and change I will gain the JUMP and then should place 5" because I allready moved, so it should triggers because I used full advance...

3; Thats what I thought because there is writen if a model with Sprint destroyed one or more enemy models then he can advance.

So i played it correctely everything exept first question if it is true...

Because i am going to my first real tournament (we had just some small locals tournament) so I dont wanna be surprised when I will play it...

Mattho2k3
07-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes but when Kromac in human form advances he does not have leap on his card. He gains it in beast form, after you feat in this circumstance, but he now doesn't have a movement as he has already advanced. You could start off in human form, cast spells feat, then advance and jump IIRC.

LEJ
07-15-2012, 01:00 PM
1 and 3 are basically the same question.

To jump you must make the full advance while you have the ability, otherwise it does not trigger.
If you advance while you don't have the ability then gain it the ability has not triggered because you didn't advance while you had it.

To sprint you must destroy a model while you have the ability or it does not trigger.
If you cast the animus after destroying a model it will not trigger because you didn't have sprint when you destroyed a model.

Either way you don't satisfy the conditions to use the ability.

You could start off in human form, cast spells feat, then advance and jump IIRC.

I agree, this seems fine.

Mattho2k3
07-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Try to imagine that Kromac has 2 cards, one for human and one for beast. For an ability to trigger like jump or sprint from Lightning Strike they must have that ability before the trigger. Such as something must have Lightning Strike BEFORE they kill a model and Kromac must have Jump on his card BEFORE he makes his movement.

SageofLodoss
07-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Also, understand that the reasoning is that rules in this game cannot be satisfied retroactively. You cannot perform an action, THEN gain Sprint or Jump, and say that you've done the triggering action already. All triggers must be satisfied while you have the ability on you in play.

zlygobbo
07-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Also i have other Question... If i have blood trackers with quick work and i am allready in fight for example with one model so I will forfaith movement and i kill that model do i get a aiming bonus for the ranged attack?

vintersbastard
07-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Also i have other Question... If i have blood trackers with quick work and i am allready in fight for example with one model so I will forfaith movement and i kill that model do i get a aiming bonus for the ranged attack?
As long as you declare that you forfeit your movement in order to aim during your movement step of activation, yes.

Valander
07-17-2012, 06:46 AM
I realize this one got moved to the rules forum, which is fine. But please limit threads over here to one question per thread in the future.

Looks like all questions were answered. If you have follow ups or new questions, please ask in a new thread.