PDA

View Full Version : Kreoss 3: Exemplar or No?

currentlyunknown
07-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Kreoss 3 has no indications in the Colossals book's rules pages that he is an exemplar. However...fluff being what it is...let's just leave it at he's widely regarded as an Exemplar. Has the title of Intercessor removed his exemplar-hood?

The Revelator
07-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Was wondering the same thing.

Soulblighter
07-16-2012, 02:31 PM
hes clearly not an exemplar. only errata would change that.

Valander
07-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Checking...

Valander
07-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Answer is:

As currently written, Kreoss 3 is not an Exemplar model, and thus will not be affected by abilities which affect Exemplar models.

Edit:
But still checking further details...

Edit 2:
No changes to the above after further discussion.

LordGrimlok
07-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Boooooo. :o(

Tyras
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
That seems odd to me. Why? Who leads the Exemplars now? Has the position of Grand Exemplar been passed to Gravus? If so can we expect an epic version of him?

Ganmeyde
07-17-2012, 04:40 PM
That seems odd to me. Why? Who leads the Exemplars now? Has the position of Grand Exemplar been passed to Gravus? If so can we expect an epic version of him?

It's incredibly obviously a mistake on PP's end. The good news is, when War Room comes out they can use a fixed card!

Soulblighter
07-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Its weird how the Hyperion was ruled a myrmidon even though it doesnt say myrmidon anywhere. While Kreoss was ruled not an exemplar. Granted, its not quite the same thing, since the Hyperion clearly exhibits traits of being a myrmidon, while Kreoss3 could arguably not be an exemplar (but common sense says he should be an exemplar).

itchmonkey
07-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Its weird how the Hyperion was ruled a myrmidon even though it doesnt say myrmidon anywhere. While Kreoss was ruled not an exemplar. Granted, its not quite the same thing, since the Hyperion clearly exhibits traits of being a myrmidon, while Kreoss3 could arguably not be an exemplar (but common sense says he should be an exemplar).

Yeah my thought exactly...*scratch head*.

Not that he has tremendous advantage from being an Exemplar, except from Gravus' ability. But still...

tuttleboy
07-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Let it go. Believe it or not it'll make sense 6 months from now...maybe. :/

Wishing
07-18-2012, 12:49 AM

I think in this case, the title of the model's card does not necessarily say anything about his title in the fluff. I haven't read the book so don't know anything about the story, but it seems clear that the main reason Kreoss is no longer called Grand Exemplar is simply that this is a new version of his rules which demands a new name. "Intercessor" can just be a friendly nickname he has acquired since starting to ride a horse, with his official title of Grand Exemplar being unchanged in the fluff even though it does not appear on his card.

The Revelator
07-18-2012, 06:35 AM
I know technically by his card he isn't, but I think that if he hasn't stepped down as head of the order then he probably should be. I'm guessing this is just an unintentional oversight similar to Hyperion not being listed as a myrmidon.

Valander
07-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Fluff discussions go elsewhere.