PDA

View Full Version : question on the skorne tycom

stephiroth
07-18-2012, 01:41 AM
So the tyrant commander is a unit comprised of a officer and a standard bearer. My question is if something can return a model to play (i.e pmakeda's feat or mordikaars revive) can you bring back the tyrant? I have read that you can on the forums in multiple places but from what I understand from the rules, is that you can bring back a grunt. That is in the case of revive from Mordikaar, but I have read that it works? Does it work with pmakeda's feat if the standard bearer doesn't die? I'm just a little confused on this because the tyrant is a officer not a normal unit leader.

The Captain
07-18-2012, 01:52 AM
Makeda1's feat brings back trooper models. All models in a unit are troopers, including the officer (Primal, p. 70).

So yes, provided that there are models in the unit left (i.e. the standard bearer) and other conditions are met, Makeda1's feat can bring back the Tyrant commander.

EDIT: Mordikaar's Revive spell brings only Grunts back to play, so it would have no effect on models that are not Grunts.

Grimz
07-18-2012, 01:53 AM
Unless there has been an errata on this then pMakeda yes, Mordikaar no. pMakeda states trooper model and Mordikaar states grunt. An officer is a trooper model but not a grunt.
I may be wrong on this as it has happened before on several occasions so don't take my word for it.
I hope someone comes in and corrects me if I'm wrong.

*Edit: And Ninjad :D With the same answer noless *WHOOHOO* :D