PDA

View Full Version : Drago Bloodbath question

Arkaya
07-18-2012, 04:28 AM
I know that when Drago successfully makes both its initial attacks with his Executioner axes he can immediately make one addition attack with this weapon. Now I know it says one attack, but what confuses me it that it says "With this weapon", he has two executioner axes so would it be one attack with each axe or just one attack all together?

Alviaran
07-18-2012, 04:37 AM
One attack. The rule is on the Executioner Axe. Think of it as the second axe triggering the chain attack, so it is the weapon to which it refers.

(Also, keep in mind the "one attack" is one attack against each model in his melee range, not just one attack total. I just mean that he doesn't swing with the other axe.)

Arkaya
07-18-2012, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. But I'm sure you would see where my question about the second attack would come from.

Alviaran
07-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Yup. The thing is, you are making an attack with each weapon with that rule. When you hit with the second one, that weapon is triggering it.

So, for instance, if this was a model with mismatched weapons but each carried the Chain Attack: Bloodbath rules, when the second one hit, it would trigger the Bloodbath attacks with that weapon. Hence the "this weapon" line. Since no model with this Chain Attack has mismatched weapons, it can be a touch more confusing I suppose. Just think of it as two completely separate weapons that just happen to have the exact same stat line and rules. Resolve them separately.