PDA

View Full Version : Irusk Airburst

raizieldragon
07-18-2012, 06:57 AM
I was playing my Cygnar against a friends Khador the other day and he was using Airburst against me.

I'm just making sure we were using it right, but is this how it works:

Target is chosen, attack roll made. If it misses, it deviates, if it hits it's a direct hit.

On a hit, target directly hit takes 2d6+POW(8) damage, any models within 1.5" of the center of the hit model (i.e.: under the 3" template) take 2d6+1/2POW(4) damage.

On deviate, roll for direction and distance, any model within 1.5" of that point (again, under the 3" template) take 2d6+1/2POW damage.

Just curious because he was having a tough time taking out my trenchers (ARM 13, not dug in so vulnerable to the blast) and I was just making sure I wasn't cheating him out of some kills.

Crate123
07-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Everyone under the template suffer pow8 hits, there is no 1/2 pow for this spell.

baronvonchaos
07-18-2012, 07:10 AM
It says in the spell effects that the pow is an 8 and models hit suffer a pow 8 blast damage roll. Pow 8's all around. Airburst rocks. I wish a merc caster had it...

raizieldragon
07-18-2012, 07:19 AM
But in the rule book, it says anyone suffering a blast damage roll takes 1/2POW

baronvonchaos
07-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Yes, but normally "blast damage" is a given half of the original pow and there would be no reason to denote what your blast damage is on an AOE attack. When it specifically states that "models hit suffer a pow 8 blast damage roll" it means they suffer a pow 8. The importance of the "...blast damage roll" in there is so if they're immune to blast damage, they won't suffer it.

It's like Gaspy's breath of corruption only models hit (not "directly hit") suffer a pow 12. So the model directly hit suffers a pow 12 and the ones under the template get a pow 12. Airburst is a pow 8 and the ones under the template suffer a pow 8 with the constituancy of "blast damage" in case they're immune to blast damage.

raizieldragon
07-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Ok, so no half damage. Does it still deviate on a miss of the original target?

Crate123
07-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Ok, so no half damage. Does it still deviate on a miss of the original target?

Yes it will still deviate if you fail the attack roll.

FearLord
07-18-2012, 07:33 AM
AOE's deal full damage to the model hit and half damage to models in the template - these models suffer blast damage.

The exception to this rule is if the description of the attack tells you what damage models hit by it suffer - in this case they suffer damage exactly as described.

raizieldragon
07-18-2012, 07:46 AM
One other slightly related question: If Siege casts Explosivo on something, making its first ranged attack an AOE: 3, is THAT blast damage treated as normal blast damage and halved?

EDIT: Oh, and one more question for Irusk: is the full power blast damage still automatic to everyone else in the area on a direct hit, or does he need to make an attack roll against everyone under the template?

SageofLodoss
07-18-2012, 08:10 AM
One other slightly related question: If Siege casts Explosivo on something, making its first ranged attack an AOE: 3, is THAT blast damage treated as normal blast damage and halved?

EDIT: Oh, and one more question for Irusk: is the full power blast damage still automatic to everyone else in the area on a direct hit, or does he need to make an attack roll against everyone under the template?

Explosivo mentions nothing about a specific POW for the AOE's that it adds, so the AOE is regular blast damage with 1/2 of the weapon's POW.

Once an AOE's landing point is determined, models under it are hit unless it says otherwise. This means that if you directly hit someone, anyone under the AOE at that point are hit and suffer the written effects. You do not make attack rolls against the others unless it says to do so.

Try to put new questions in new threads.

Valander
07-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Try to put new questions in new threads.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." --Yoda

Original question answered.