PDA

View Full Version : Chain Attack vs. Dragoon and 'same model'

sliganian
07-18-2012, 10:10 AM
A Seether is smacking a still mounted Man-O'-War Drakun. The order of the attacks are:

-left arm
- tusks
- right arm

Left arm hits, then the tusks hit. By the end of the Tusks attack, the Drakhun is dismounted and the dismounted version of the model is placed down.

The right arm then hits and the damage is weak so the MoW is still there. Also meaning the Seether could make a Chain Attack, as all the initials hit. Now, for the purposes of making a Chain attack throw, headbutt, etc., is the dismounted version of the Drakhun 'the same model' as the mounted version?

Yes, I realize that perhaps the obvious answer is "no, it is a physically different model" but conceptually, it is still the 'same' Drakhun. We played it as 'not the same model' so no double-hand throw' but just wanted to make sure we were playing that out correctly.

Crate123
07-18-2012, 10:14 AM
It is still the same model, you will note that other effects are also transfered to the dismounted model so there is no reason why chain attack shouldnt count him as the same model as well.

sliganian
07-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Except perhaps that the Chain Attack rules specifically says 'against the same model'. Removing one model and replacing it with a different model could be construed as not being the 'same'.

I've seen pickier rules interpreations before. :)

juckto
07-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Search is your friend.
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?86766-Sustained-attacks-and-dismounted-dragoons-part-2&highlight=dragoon+model+same

poeticruse
07-18-2012, 12:48 PM
A mounted dragoon and its dismounted form are the same model, and you can continue a chain attack string against one.

sliganian
07-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Search is your friend.
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?86766-Sustained-attacks-and-dismounted-dragoons-part-2&highlight=dragoon+model+same

If the Searches on this Forum were worth a damn I'd agree.

I DID do a Search on 'Chain Attack Dragoon model' and found nothing useful. I think the Boolean logic needs some working over.

Thanks for the answers everyone.