PDA

View Full Version : Question of Martyrdom on Wrack

ccr12346
07-22-2012, 08:25 AM
If my wrack is disabled, can I use martyrdom (Harbinger ability) to bring it back (before remove from play)?

Celeb
07-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Yes you can. But I think, if you roll a 1,2, or 3 it is removed instantly and cant be brought back. But if your Wrack is attacked and killed, you can save it.

The Captain
07-22-2012, 01:34 PM
If the Wrack blows up because of Suffering prayer, it cannot be saved by Martyrdom, because the Wrack never enters the Disabled stage where Martyrdom can be triggered.

If the Wrack is disabled by an attack, you can save it with Martyrdom, because it enters the Disabled stage and then explodes, and you can choose the order in which your effects are resolved.

ccr12346
07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
How about Death Blast, is it still working?

Lanz
07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
If martyrdom saves the wrack, death blast won't trigger.

Again, this only applies of the wrack is actually attacked. If you pull focus and trigger death blast that way, martyrdom can't save it.

ccr12346
07-23-2012, 05:13 PM
If I put wracks too close, Can death blast disable other wrack?

Lanz
07-23-2012, 05:20 PM
absolutely. Death blast will hit anything under the template for an auto-hit pow14. If that happens to be another wrack, then it will take that auto-hit pow14, which is more than enough to destroy it.

However, I don't think it sets off a chain-reaction. I don't have the rules handy, but I think it needs to be an actual attack in order to trigger death blast, and death blast itself isn't an attack. I could be wrong about that, though.

Crate123
07-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Death Blast says nothing about only triggering on attacks and Suffering's Prayer only says that the model is automatically missed by ranged attacks.
Death Blast would affect other wracks nearby.

Lanz
07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
No, I mean one wrack's death blast killing another wrack and causing it to death blast as well (possibly setting up a chain of explosions across multiple wracks).

I want to say that it doesn't work, but I don't have the rules handy to check why.

Crate123
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Well I dont see any reasons why it wouldnt work, if a wrack becomes disabled (which it certainly would if subject to a death blast) then it explodes in a death blast, doesnt matter how it becomes disabled.

ccr12346
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM
So is that means AOE effect (like blast damage) also can disable wrack?

Gamingdevil
07-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Yes, being automatically missed by a ranged attack, doesn't mean it is immune to damage from a ranged attack. Though, as I recall a Wrack has enough ARM to be likely to survive blast damage.

The Captain
07-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Yes, being automatically missed by a ranged attack, doesn't mean it is immune to damage from a ranged attack. Though, as I recall a Wrack has enough ARM to be likely to survive blast damage.

The Wrack has ARM10 and 1 damage box, so it's likely to die if you look at it funnily.

Death blast does not specify the means by which a wrack needs to bedisabled so as to explode, When a wrack is disabled for any reason, it blows up.

Suffering prayer does not make the wrack immune to any type of damage - ranged attacks targeting it simply miss automatically, but it can still be caught in a blast.

"As I recall" is generally a bad way to answer to Rules questions. I strongly recommend always checking the relevant text before answering.