PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy and Thresher

PurpleMonkey
07-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Chaps,

I am sorry to post this as I am sure its come up more than once but my search ability is severely hampered by a bout of the stupids and have had no luck searching forum titles with frenzy and thresher in them.

Being quite green also I feel daft asking, but:

I play Trolls and in a recent game my Axer failed a Frenzy check and advanced towards an enemy unit, made it in melee range and attacks.

My question is, since the weapon is the thing with Thresher, and seemingly not a special action of the Axer himself (more than happy to be corrected there) is he allowed to Thresh with his Frenzy attack, or no?

We werent sure so we just agreed no until such time as we could be sure, but I am a pathetic forum searcher (Went about 14 pages back manually as well as searched and clearly im just made of fail today).

Thanks for your patience,

PM

Draekon Darkstorm
07-22-2012, 08:01 PM
You get to make one frenzy attack at your highest power weapon. There are no additional abilities allowed. That means, no Thresher, no Assault. Just one attack.

Draekon

PurpleMonkey
07-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Marvelous, thank you for the prompt reply!

PM

The Captain
07-23-2012, 06:15 AM
More precisely, from Primal p. 74:

"A frenzied warbeast makes its combat action in a particular way. It never makes special attacks."

Thresher is a Special attack, so would not be allowed. Continued:

"It chooses the initial melee attacks option and makes one attack with its highest POW melee weapon and then forfeits the rest of its initial attacks."