PDA

View Full Version : Freezer

alexan
07-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Quick question came up in my game tonight that I wasn't confident with my answer.

Winter troll puts Freezer animus on a Blitzer.

Target friendly model gains Immunity: Cold.:Imm-Cold: When an enemy model without Immunity: Cold ends it's activation within 2" of the target model, the enemy model becomes stationary for one round. Freezer lasts for one round

Juggernaut ends activation w/in 2" of Blitzer triggering Freezer.

Obviously the Juggernaut would be stationary on the troll player's turn, but let's say it survives the turn.

Would the "round" end at the beginning of the Khador player's turn (meaning stationary expires before juggernaut's activation), at the end of the Juggernaut's "activation," or at the beginning of the Troll player's turn (meaning Juggernaut is still stationary on it's activation)?

Thanks, and I hope that's a clear enough explanation.

syanide
07-22-2012, 11:20 PM
As it says round it would be station in your turn

Gamingdevil
07-23-2012, 01:21 AM
But that wasn't the question.

Effects that "last for a round" expire at the beginning of the active player's next turn. So as the Juggernaut became stationary during the Khador player's turn, it would become functional again at the start of that player's next turn. Meaning it wouldn't be stationary during its own activation.

Option 1.

MagnustheJust
07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Quick fix to eliminate some confusion here...

Picture an analog clock face on the table, with the 6 on your side.

From 3 to 9 is your turn.

From 9 to 3 is your opponent's turn.

Once the clock gets back to 3, it has started a new round.

So the Juggy would not be allowed to move again till the Khador player's next turn.

ColonelKoIron
07-23-2012, 10:45 PM
So the Juggy would not be allowed to move again till the Khador player's next turn.

I think the intent might be to ask if the Juggernaut would have to shake the stationary or it would automatically be removed.

Based on the timing stated here, it would be stationary during the Troll turn but would lose stationary at the beginning of the Khador turn. It would not need to spend focus to shake the effect.

MagnustheJust
07-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Shaking effects is an optional course of action. It is not mandatory every, unless a spell of ability says otherwise.

And the stationary effect last for one round, so it would automatically drop at the start of the next round, from the point of becoming stationary.